What RG is it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

What RG is it?

I don't have the option to post pics so I will do my best to describe it. I don't have the guitar in front of me as I am at work. The guitar is pewter silver with Rosewood fretboard, dot inlays and black headstock. Also has the wizard 1 neck w/strip on the back of the neck. The headstock Ibanez emblems are done in chrome. It has a pup configuration of H/S/H and it does have the pup bezals. No pickgaurd and an edge tremolo. The hardware is done in a dark gray. I think it is above the 5 series as I used to have a 560. This seems a bit nicer. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

Re: What RG is it?

RG570 before they weant to the RG1570 designation. What is the first few digits on the back of the headstock?

Did it look like this silver one minus the aftermarket chrome pickguard I installed?

~Bones
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I was going to guess 570 too, Bones, but did the 570s have pickup rings? I know the newer models don't.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM

Yep, pup rings in cosmo. I liked my chrome guard better personally. I miss that guitar, she was a keeper that I let slip away along with the amber flame topped JC1608 above it on the couch.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960LesPaul View Post
I don't have the option to post pics so I will do my best to describe it. I don't have the guitar in front of me as I am at work. The guitar is pewter silver with Rosewood fretboard, dot inlays and black headstock. Also has the wizard 1 neck w/strip on the back of the neck. The headstock Ibanez emblems are done in chrome. It has a pup configuration of H/S/H and it does have the pup bezals. No pickgaurd and an edge tremolo. The hardware is done in a dark gray. I think it is above the 5 series as I used to have a 560. This seems a bit nicer. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.

Does it look like this?

If so, it's definitely an RG570GN (mine is a 2000 MIJ model).
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking 570 but it seems someone told me it was a 7 series but I thought all those had shark tooth inlay. I will let you know the serial # when I get home. I was also told that it was a Japan model. Does your Ibanez have the chrome emblems?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Chao that is it. What does the GN stand for.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:59 PM

It did have a chrome emblem. The RG570gn was a fairly common model for quite a few years and is still a top notch player IMHO. Your serial # will start with an F which means it was made in the Fujien factory in Japan. Very nice guitars with sweet necks.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Chao that is it. What does the GN stand for.
"Gunmetal" IIRC, I could be wrong. You can look up old catalogs on the main page of Jemsite or goto ibanezrules.com for more catalog pics.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Talking Re: What RG is it?

Quote:
I was thinking 570 but it seems someone told me it was a 7 series but I thought all those had shark tooth inlay. I will let you know the serial # when I get home. I was also told that it was a Japan model. Does your Ibanez have the chrome emblems?
Yep...shiny and sexy, it is...

Are the pups on yours as follows:
Bridge Hum = V8
Mid SC = S1
Neck Hum = V7
??

Is mine the same color as yours? It's very likely the same guitar (basically) if so. Original Edge in cosmo...cosmo tuners/knobs.

If your Serial number is something like "FXXXXXXX" the "F" is the Fujigen factory in Japan, the first two "X's" will be the year (example, "00" would be 2000", the last five "X's" will be the sequential number of production. So, "F0057841" (my serial number) would be a 2000 Fujigen-made guitar, #57841. At least, that's how I understand it.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
"Gunmetal" IIRC, I could be wrong. You can look up old catalogs on the main page of Jemsite or goto ibanezrules.com for more catalog pics.
Nope...it's actually "Gray Nickel" finish.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos731 View Post
Nope...it's actually "Gray Nickel" finish.
Ahhh, thanks. Been awhile since I've viewed the catalogs myself.

~Bones
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 PM

Talking Re: What RG is it?

Quote:
It did have a chrome emblem. The RG570gn was a fairly common model for quite a few years and is still a top notch player IMHO. Your serial # will start with an F which means it was made in the Fujien factory in Japan. Very nice guitars with sweet necks.
Yes...it's a very, very nice guitar...and a top notch player...and it does have a very, very sweet neck (original Wizard with bubinga strip).

As you can tell, it's my pride and joy.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

I know it starts with a F so that all adds up. It is definantly a player. It is one of my mean guitars tuned to drop C. You can almost breath on it and play it the action is so low. EMG 81 in the neck and EMG 85 in the bridge with a SA in the middle. What do I have to do to get access to post pics?
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM

You need a hosting site to upload your pics (photobucket.com works for me and it's free!). You copy the IMG code once you upload pics to your account and paste it in your post.

Goto one of the posts with a picture in it and hit "quote" and you can see the code.

~Bones

Tags
black headstock , bridge hum , dot inlay , dot inlays , edge trem , mesa boogie , pickup ring , pickup rings , prestige necks , prestige wizard , prestige wizard neck , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode