what should i do with the RG320? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation what should i do with the RG320?

what's goin on everyone. i bought the 320 as something more versatile to the squier strat and it definitely is a big improvement, but we all know about the lower end korean guitars and after a few months i started to realize what an effect the bridge and pickups have. anyway, i like the guitar and its been through a lot with me, so im trying to figure out if i should keep it and get an EDGE or something and some dimarzios, or if i should sell it and get a 5xx+. i'd really hate to get rid of it though.

and btw how would u compare some other pickups towards the powersounds in the 320 and what are good alternatives (its a QS/mahogany body). thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 11:34 AM

Re: what should i do with the RG320?

honestly man i wouldent drop a edge and some pup in that. you should just keep it and wait for a cheap rg520+ to show up on ****. you can score them nowadays for around 300 bux.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 02:40 PM

powersounds are bad for you, m'kay?

if you feel some sort of attachment to your 320, then keep it. but i'd advise against sinking money into it.

there are some great buys going on over at she-bay right now - i assume because no-one wants to spend money this close to christmas. have seen 5xx going for well under $300.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 06:43 PM

To my knowledge, the RG320 has a basswood body with a quilted maple laminate. If the guitar has powersound pickups in it then it's a pre-2005 model and I'm not sure what bridge would retrofit with the EPII. If it were a 2005 model then it would have the Infinity pickups (a vast improvement over the powersound pickups) and the Edge III trem (which can be retrofitted with an Original Floyd Rose). Pickups are easily replaced, but trems are not. Honestly, you're probably not going to get much for the guitar if you sell it (with it not being Prestige or anything like that) so I would probably keep it, block the trem, and swap the pickups. If you're really wanting to have a guitar with a useable trem then I would start saving up for one of those used RG5xx guitars or buy a new RG1570 or other Prestige Ibanez RG.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

its a '01 model i believe with the lo-trs II. its a mahogany with a sapele top whatever that is i guess its a korean maple wood lol... yea ill see what i can get for it and maybe pick up an older 3120. thanks guys.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 120

Go get yourself a Gotoh licenced Floyd Rose and pickups of your choice if you have an attachment to the guitar. You'll have a great axe then!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 09:39 AM

Side question - Can that Gotoh Licensed Floyd Rose fit into a PGM3 model? Is it stable?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 04:29 PM

Reviews: 120

Does it have a LO-TRS2? If so yes it definitely can and it's a fantastic trem that is very stable.

Tags
basswood body , edge iii trem , floyd rose , korean guitar , mahogany body , powersound pickups , quilted maple , squier strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tell a RG320 is korean or JAP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode