What should I upgrade to? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

What should I upgrade to?

Hi, I've only been playing guitar for a few months and currently have a Ibanez RG320FM which I love playing and is probably more then suitable for my level at the moment but I've been looking at other Ibanez guitars and want to purchase another one in a few months, I'm looking to spend about £700 (which is about $1200 I think). Can anyone recommend a decent Ibanez for that price? I play mainly metal and rock music. Plus do you think its too soon to be thinking about another guitar and I should stick with the RG320 for a little longer?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Re: What should I upgrade to?

Hi.

If you feel, that RG320 is enough for your level, it's no use in buying new one. You can upgrade pickups and tuners. I have RG370 for three years. I play it at home and some gigs and it's working well . I've changed only my bridge pickup for evo.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Re: What should I upgrade to?

If you've only been playing for a few months, then I'd say that you should hold off on buying a new guitar...especially if you like the guitar that you already have. But, maybe it's time for you to upgrade your amp or playing rig if you just want to burn some money. For that kind of money, you could probably afford some sort of tube amp.

Tags
bridge pickup , ibanez guitars , playing guitar , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode