What is so cool about the RG321? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Re: What is so cool about the RG321?

I've only heard very good things about the RG321 myself. I've heard that all they need to be outstanding is a swap of pickups and maybe a bit of the finish taken off the back of the neck. But that's minor stuff for a guitar you're going to keep and play. Great bang for the buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 10:22 AM

Reviews: 21

The 321 is a great guitar! Switch thew pickups out and you're in business!
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:06 AM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: What is so cool about the RG321?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzedout View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, bt I think the japanese ones are RGA121 and RGA321.
Totally different models you're referring to. Those are prestige models, not the regular RG models.

Jimmy
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

"Totally different models you're referring to. Those are prestige models, not the regular RG models."

Actually he answered my question..erm.. correctly. Maybe the question was off.

I am looking at those RGA models as well as the RG 421. Is that a Korean model?
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=Brando Clean;736573] I will not knock the big 2. They are ok for what they are but overpriced for sure.
QUOTE]

That's largely due to the fact that they are made, packed, shipped, promoted and sold by people paid in the same dollars you are! And besides, last time I looked, the MSRP of a Les Paul Standard was pretty much exactly what a JEM VWH was advertised at. Don't come to the conclusion too quickly that US guitars are overpriced - the American Standard Strat is a very fine guitar for what you can buy it for, brand new, right now in a shop near you.

I think one of the things that people like about the RG 321 is that it is cheap enough that you are not going to balk at sanding off the finish, drilling holes in it, changing pickups etc to make it what you want it to be, and, yes, it is a very fine guitar indeed for not a lot of bucks.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 PM

I thought the 321 I had was a great guitar.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 PM

I have 1 of each, both are pretty much the same and I can switch back and forth without much of getting used to anything. The Pups kinda suck though.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM

I've thought about picking up a 321, but I just HATE those little set screws in bridge that dig into my palm when I'm playing. That's the same reason I'll never buy another Strat....and also the reason I love the smooth bridge on my RGA321. If Ibanez were to put the Gibralter bridge on a regular RG321 I'd be all over it.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM

Thumbs up Re: What is so cool about the RG321?

Im considering picking one of these up in the next while, they look the part, play alright and they lack the biggest disadvantage of other 300 series Ibanez guitars... the edge 3!
I got a spare set of active emg's that i wud throw in, and tune her down to c.
I think another big reason that ppl love these guitars soo much is that they cost the same as a gio... but look like a 'proper' ibanez.
And TequilaKing, great idea for an xmas gift.. i agree that children and locking trems sounds liek frustration :P
I hope u find a guitar that you are happy with.

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , basswood body , edge trem , fixed bridge , fixed bridge model , fixed bridge models , ibanez guitars , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , jem vwh , les paul , les paul standard , locking trems , mahogany body , marshall valvestate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode