What Style do you play - and what stuff do you use - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-30-2001, 01:46 AM

What Style do you play

Ibanez rg7620s (2 blue, one black)
line 6 head/carvin 412

digitech whammy
boss octave
ibanez chorus/flanger
boss eq

Current band plays ministry/tool/static x style with heavy punk influences, but I'm getting sick of metal and am leaning more toward hip hop style grooves which my current set up doesn't help much. BTW, by hip hop I mean wu tang and O.C. based rap punk like kottonmouth kings, NOT trash like limp bizkit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 12:44 AM

What Style do you play

Guitars:

Ibanez SC420 S Classic
Ibanez RG470 matte black limited
Ibanez RG7620
Simon and Patrick cedar top 12 string acoustic

Amps:

Fender M80
Line 6 Flextone XL

Effects:
Crybaby
BBE Sonic Maximizer (not really an effect)
Korg 411fx

Recording Stuff:
Boss BR8
Behringer mixer
POD
Alesis SR16
computer running various Sonic Foundry programs
Shure mics
Tascam dual cassette
Bach Trumpet

I play mostly rock, both instrumental and vocal. *Right now I'm working on material for a cd with all vocals, female lead. *I'm going for a Vai/Gwen Stefani collision. *Sound weird? *I certainly hope it turns out that way. *
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 02:38 AM

Reviews: 3
What Style do you play

I play a style of music derrived from a combination of the following:

-My twisted personality
-Listening to lots of Radiohead
-Not sleeping nearly enough

I would liste equipment or whatever... but I generally change depending on what the situation calls for.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-01-2001, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

What Style do you play

wow jay , that is how i derived at my style
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:01 PM

What Style do you play

I play mostly Vai type Rock and Pearl Jam but I also play in my school Jazz Band. I'm not a big fan of Jazz though. Anyways my stuff:
-RG 570 with Tone Zone in the Bridge but I am hopefully getting a new guitar soon.
-Morley Bad Horsie Wah
-Carvin Legacy 212 Combo
I hate the fact that 2/3 of what I use is endoresed by Vai but his gear is very awesome and sounds great. I'm not buying a Jem though so I'm safe there.
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-25-2001, 07:46 PM

What Style do you play

Gear:
*MusicMan Axis LH w/stock pickups OR RG470LH with Breed and Evo.
*Little Alligator / Bad Horsie / BOSS Tuner / DS-1 / (GE-7 on its way) / Alesis Quadraverb
*Crate Blue Voodoo.

Style:
Hmm. I guess my style could be described as somewhat a mix of instrumental rock and modern prog/fusion. I lean toward a Satch/Vai melody sense and (I strive for) a vocal, fluid solo style. However I like more progressive song structures (and time sigs) in my music, and if the song calls for it, I like to mix in some of my jazz/fusion stylings.

-Justin
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 12:03 AM

What Style do you play

i've been "starting out" in jazz for the past 5 years...

I mainly use the acoustic 7 string AJ307, but I'm starting to think the Dean performer SE7 would be better because it has a wider nut... *
I also use a 7621 through a DOD envelope filter, Dunlop crybaby, Danelectro fab tone, Rogue 7band eq, Ibanez chorus, delay, into a Fender BXR 25 and a BXR 100
other guitars include Wasburn five string bass, Dean five string acoustic bass, Dean MLX 7string,
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 08:01 PM

What Style do you play

UV777BK into:

Art SP 4x4 power conditioner
ADA MP-1
Digitech 2101
MosValve MV-962

I play rock/prog/metal/fusion....
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-26-2001, 10:30 PM

What Style do you play

Rock, blues, metal.

RG2027XVV, EBMM Axis, G&L Legacy, Heritage H150, Godin ACS, Fender Am Deluxe Strat w/ Fishman Bridge, Charvel Model 3, Fender Mex Jazz Bass

POD Pro into QSC Power Amp with Art X-15 floor board. *Roland GR-33 Guitar Synth, Boss AD-5 Acoustic Processor, Dunlop Rotovibe, Dunlop Crybaby.

Check out some crappy, half-finished samples of songs I've started and then ditched (a few are sorta complete) here.
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-01-2001, 09:09 PM

What Style do you play

My band is Pop Rock. I use : Ibanez RG7421/or RG550 into a Marshall Artist 3203 head & 1960 A & B cabs. THD Yellowjackets w/JJ EL84's. I use a Morley Noise Gate/Line Driver on the floor and occasionally use a RAT distortion pedal & MXR Phase 90.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

What Style do you play

xing cztarre what are the THD yellowjackets like ?
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-02-2001, 08:34 PM

What Style do you play

Quote:
Quote: from one less than none on 7:35 am on Oct. 2, 2001
xing cztarre what are the THD yellowjackets like ?
They're pretty cool. You lose some low end compared to EL34's. But they distort quicker. Now I can turn the amp up to 10 if I want without using my Power Brake because they are lower power. The amp has more bite now. And I can pull them out at any time and put the EL34's back in with no adjustments needed.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

What Style do you play

no adjustment needed ?

dont you have to reset the bias ???
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 07:34 PM

What Style do you play

Quote:
Quote: from one less than none on 5:02 am on Oct. 3, 2001
no adjustment needed ?

dont you have to reset the bias ???
No, because they are self biasing. The Yellowjackets are just adapters so you can use EL84's instead of EL34's. The amp is class A when using them. I switch back and forth a lot.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-03-2001, 11:05 PM

What Style do you play

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777GR (soon to install EMG 707 and swirl pickguard)
Ibanez RG7620 (w/ EMG 707s......oh so nice)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/ killer maple top)

Effects:
Too many to list, but I jump at any vintage analog Ibanez I see....I've got like a collection of 8 or 9. I mainly use a Boss NS-2, an MT-2, and a GE-7 for my dirty. An Ibanez chorus, EH Small Stone, and an Ibanez FL-303 Flanger fill out the chain.
Amps:
Mesa Nomad 45 (custom tan leather)
Fender Princeton Chorus (for clean)
soon to add- Mesa Recto 4x12 traditional straight
Style:
I play very heavy rock (think Slipknot) but with more of a Middle Eastern flair like Sytem of a Down. I tune drop Bb and I've been trying to brush up on my ska and blues scales to add to my style.

Tags
air norton , alesis midiverb , alesis quadraverb , allan holdsworth , alternate tuning , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , blaze bridge , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bubinga neck , charvel model , crate blue voodoo , custom guitar , death metal , deluxe strat , digitech whammy , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dual recto , dunlop crybaby , ebmm axis , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul standard , ernie ball , fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , groove tubes , horsie wah , ibanez jem , jackson soloist , korg dtr , les paul , les paul classic , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , lexicon mpx , limp bizkit , locking tuners , mahogany body , marshall jmp , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie triple , mesa cab , mesa nomad , mesa recto , midi controller , mxr phase , overdrive pedal , pearl jam , pearloid pickguard , peavey classic , peavey ultra , peavey ultra plus , picking technique , pickup cover , pod pro , power amp , practice amp , pro edge , prs mccarty , recto cab , rich warlock , rosewood fingerboard , scalloped neck , soldano slo , sonic maximizer , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , squire strat , string acoustic , string bass , super distortion , tone zone , triple recto , vox wah , whammy pedal , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode