What Style do you play - and what stuff do you use - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 05:45 AM

What Style do you play

Hey

For Jazz

Gibson es175

For vai, dreamtheater

ibanez uv77mc

For everything *

TOM ANDERSON DROP TOP
TOM ANDERSON CLASSIC

And I use a boogie Mark IV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 08:21 AM

What Style do you play

Brand new 2001 Jem7VWH
into a Rat Distortion pedal, then into a
Plastic one inch speaker amp from Radio shack for $10
I put it in a cardboard box, wrap it with a towl, put a sm57 in the box direct in front of the one inch speaker amp, then close the box, cover the box with blankets and pillows, Run the Mic cable to a cheap Radio Shack sub mixer, from there to an Alesis Midiverb II and Eq, then into the Stereo Cassette deck.

Great Recording Rig
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 11:14 PM

What Style do you play

I play mostly original stuff, inspired by Aghora, Danny Elfman and some Prog/Black/Melodic Death metal, with abit of jazz thrown in. Though I try and avoid playing ALL of that at the same time Currently using an RG2027 with a ToneZone7 in the bridge and Paf7 in the neck, into a POD Pro. Avidly waiting the arrival of my Mesa/Boogie 50/50 and recto 2*12 which should be here anyday soon *whoohoo* Neighbours beware!
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-04-2001, 08:36 PM

What Style do you play

I own and use:

guitars
* -"The satch strat" *(USA strat with a fred in the bridge)
* -Jem7RB (very soon) (soon to become a custom FP too)

Amps and other Gear
* -50W Hughes n' Kettner amp
* -Pod 2.0 + line6 floor board (pod mainly used for late night practice in the kitchen )
* -LE White CryBaby

I play Satch and Vai style, as well as blues and jazz..
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 07:27 AM

What Style do you play

I play mostly Metal and use the following:

Main Gear:
Ibanez 1077XLRB 7 string
Zoom GFX8 multi-fx
Bad Horsie Wah
Marshall VS102R 2x12 combo

Other Gear:
Ibanez RG7620 Custom (w/EMG 707s, LEDs, etc.)
Pearl Export Drum kit
Aria IGB50 bass
Zoom BFX708 Bass FX
Jackson PC1 w/ Floyd Rose sustainer
Charvel Fusion
Yamaha RGX310

You can never have too many instruments...

(Edited by SteveW at 11:26 pm on Nov. 5, 2001)
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 09:44 AM

What Style do you play

I suppose I can be slumped into the metal area....Thinking Man's Metal I suppose....not extremely complicated but, sometimes I write something really challenging, but put it into a easy flowing, catchy sound...kinda hard to explain....(Godsmack with synchopated guitar/drum rhythm Dream Theater type things...Incubus would probably be a good example (Science disc...), minus the turn-tables.

My rig is finally starting to make the changes I've wanted....

I went and traded my Bad Horsie and Talk Box (minus the tube!), plus a DOD flanger...and got the Tech 21 Killer Wail and the Sans-Amp GT-2. Took place of the Bad Horsie/DS-1. (Took place of the Vai thing!)
If this deal works out, someone is trading me straight up for his Dual Recto head for my Legacy head...don't even have to ship it! Then it's just trading in the Legacy cab and some more gear I don't use for a Mesa cab....it's slowly gettin there...
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 11-05-2001, 03:45 PM

What Style do you play

Guitars: *
Jem777DY (soon to be customized with a Tone Zone in the bridge, FS-1 in the middle and Air Norton in the neck, and repainted LNG with a black pearloid pickguard)
Les Paul Standard Plus

Korg DTR-1
Furman PL-Plus
Digitech TSR-24S
BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer

Peavey Ultra Plus Head
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cabinet

I play mostly rock, hard rock, metal.

Tags
air norton , alesis midiverb , alesis quadraverb , allan holdsworth , alternate tuning , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , blaze bridge , blue voodoo , bridge pickup , bubinga neck , charvel model , crate blue voodoo , custom guitar , death metal , deluxe strat , digitech whammy , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , distorted tone , distortion pedal , dual recto , dunlop crybaby , ebmm axis , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul standard , ernie ball , fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul studio , groove tubes , horsie wah , ibanez jem , jackson soloist , korg dtr , les paul , les paul classic , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , lexicon mpx , limp bizkit , locking tuners , mahogany body , marshall jmp , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie triple , mesa cab , mesa nomad , mesa recto , midi controller , mxr phase , overdrive pedal , pearl jam , pearloid pickguard , peavey classic , peavey ultra , peavey ultra plus , picking technique , pickup cover , pod pro , power amp , practice amp , pro edge , prs mccarty , recto cab , rich warlock , rosewood fingerboard , scalloped neck , soldano slo , sonic maximizer , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , squire strat , string acoustic , string bass , super distortion , tone zone , triple recto , vox wah , whammy pedal , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode