What is up with the NAMM info embargo? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Memphis
Posts: 24
What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

I hope the catalog is better than the EU catalog zzzzzzz. Ibanez had a decent year last year. Id hate to see them go backwards. They should just copy the 1990 catalog and rake in the cash.
Black Diamond74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,353
Reviews: 21
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Ibanez doesn't like to release info prior to Winter NAMM. It's a showmanship thing I think.
Also, I agree the EU catalog is kind of boring. I like the fixed bridge Nebula Green RG652 though and the Iron Label RGA. I've seen some gorgeous guitars show up in the EU catalog, though, that never made it to the US (I'm looking at you RG721FM Natural Flat!) so I don't get my hopes up too much.
As for the 1990 catalog I'm not sure if the neon color / wild guitar thing has run its course between the 20th and 25th RG's and such and the reissue RG770's. I'm sure we'll still see some colors but more of the cobalt blue / firestorm orange variety. (I still say they need to dip into the Fender color pallet!)
Let's see....
Only a few more weeks!
mike570 is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 80
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

It's not a complete embargo apparently:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...r-range-632687
rhildinger is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:43 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Ibanez have some really, really cool stuff coming up for 2016.
In my opionon some of the coolest stuff they have had for many years.
When going through the EU catalog a couple of month ago did I find at least 7 guitars that are "must have" items. When playing some of them did I find even more.

My bank account will have a tuff year :-)

(I am one of those guys that would cry if they went back to 90's catalog).

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:54 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,353
Reviews: 21
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post

(I am one of those guys that would cry if they went back to 90's catalog).

/Magnus
Tears of joy or sadness?

Don't get me wrong. I dig neons and own one myself. I think Ibanez would do well releasing one every so often but not making a lot of them in a given year. Personally I would love to see an RG1570 spec guitar released in Purple Neon but I don't see that happening soon. (I know there was a recent Genesis that was close but it wasn't the same exactly and not a US model.)
I still say they should make a shoreline gold or sonic blue RG550 (or RG1550 spec) with a WHITE pickguard, white pickups, chrome hardware with Original Edge, and a maple board.

Also, it would be cool to see the Prestige Wizard neck profile come back. It's a nice neck for those who like something slightly thicker than the current Super Wizard. I don't see that happening though either because it's easier production wise to make just one neck, right?

Last edited by mike570; 01-15-2016 at 10:02 AM.
mike570 is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 09:45 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
Ibanez have some really, really cool stuff coming up for 2016.
In my opionon some of the coolest stuff they have had for many years.
When going through the EU catalog a couple of month ago did I find at least 7 guitars that are "must have" items. When playing some of them did I find even more.

My bank account will have a tuff year :-)

(I am one of those guys that would cry if they went back to 90's catalog).

/Magnus
Magnus, are you looking at those SSS talmans too?
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 11:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: indonesia
Posts: 2,548
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I still say they should make a shoreline gold or sonic blue RG550 (or RG1550 spec) with a WHITE pickguard, white pickups, chrome hardware with Original Edge, and a maple board.
They did! look...


wait... I mean... I did..
psychoshredder is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 12:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 462
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

I've heard alot of rumors about NAMM unveilings this year, the suspense is killing me... only a few more days...
Leviathus is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 09:42 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,353
Reviews: 21
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
They did! look...


wait... I mean... I did..
Sweet guitar but is that a production model?
Also it's black, not shoreline gold or sonic blue. And a 550 has a single in the middle.
An HSS version would be sweet too but I guess that's venturing into RT territory.
mike570 is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:16 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,511
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Fender got smart in 1982 with bringing back vintage gear (stamp metal strat bridges, brass tele bridges, vintage voiced pickups) and Gibson started ditching 70's ideas and started making pre-1966 designs again. It worked for them and I think it can work for Ibanez.

1990s RGs. That was along with Jackson superstrats and RR, the bulk of the image of shred.

Have the simple Ibanez without the Prestige and Premium monikers, and use the pickguard on RG, too.
63Blazer is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 12:11 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 323
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Sweet guitar but is that a production model?
Also it's black, not shoreline gold or sonic blue. And a 550 has a single in the middle.
An HSS version would be sweet too but I guess that's venturing into RT territory.
It's a 550 (HSH) with a custom (HH) pick guard. I love it, very strat looking!
Steveche is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,353
Reviews: 21
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveche View Post
It's a 550 (HSH) with a custom (HH) pick guard. I love it, very strat looking!
Ah! Got it. It looks great - no doubt. Black with a white pickguard and white pickups is very classy.
It also looks like it has a square heel joint.
mike570 is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 09:07 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: indonesia
Posts: 2,548
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Ah! Got it. It looks great - no doubt. Black with a white pickguard and white pickups is very classy.
It also looks like it has a square heel joint.
correct! it's my self modified RG 550. it's square heel 550.
I'm adding the mini switch toggle for the coil tap, so I still have single coil tone in it.

I'm thinking a candy apple red or cola red 550 for next project...
psychoshredder is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:26 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,353
Reviews: 21
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
correct! it's my self modified RG 550. it's square heel 550.
I'm adding the mini switch toggle for the coil tap, so I still have single coil tone in it.

I'm thinking a candy apple red or cola red 550 for next project...
I love my 2001 RG570 in Grey Nickel but the color is kind of boring. I've been tempted so many times to find a front route body and do the shoreline gold / white pickguard thing with it. But the only unfinished bodies that people like Pearle seem to make are Jem bodies not RG bodies. And I'm not enthusiastic these days about doing a finish / refinish project.
And I know the minute I touch that guitar I'll regret it.

Back on topic.
I always find it interesting when we get down to the wire like this if the big leak will occur just days before NAMM.
I wonder if the HUSA people themselves are on pins and needles for NAMM to hit already to get past the leak window.
mike570 is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 08:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: indonesia
Posts: 2,548
Re: What is up with the NAMM info embargo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I love my 2001 RG570 in Grey Nickel but the color is kind of boring. I've been tempted so many times to find a front route body and do the shoreline gold / white pickguard thing with it. But the only unfinished bodies that people like Pearle seem to make are Jem bodies not RG bodies. And I'm not enthusiastic these days about doing a finish / refinish project.
And I know the minute I touch that guitar I'll regret it.
don't sacrifice your 570, better find a beat up good old 550 for a project donor.
I don't do it myself , I'd get someone who knows what to do and make my vision happened.
psychoshredder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NAMM - Jan '10 jim777 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 15 01-17-2010 02:49 PM
8 strings: the info - Info please mojo All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 12 03-07-2006 06:10 PM
Pic: New Jem @ Namm ! LGMT Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 2 01-20-2006 09:28 AM
Ibanez has NAMM info right now, check it out!!!!! Getthis Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 4 07-18-2003 02:42 PM
NAMM info on ibanez website stratman219 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 5 01-20-2003 07:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome