What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Posts: 55
What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Hey Guys,

Help me out here, I was offered to trade my JP6 for a JPM + something.
Now the JPM is so to say well used....it has paint chips, dings, frets are alreay a tad low, they still have 1-2 dressing in them so it could be put in order.
The tremolo arm is missing and also the arm holder from the baseplate.

If I would be looking for a quick sale, would you say 900 would be "proper" price to get rid of it fast?

Thanks!
HeadBender is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 30
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

I may have seem your ad on custojusto.pt

If it was, I dropped you an email about it. To my ears, €900 sounds a bit much for a guitar with that much to get fixed before it's playable.

I don't know, maybe some others can give their 2 cents?
Terminal Function is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Posts: 55
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Function View Post
I may have seem your ad on custojusto.pt

If it was, I dropped you an email about it. To my ears, 900 sounds a bit much for a guitar with that much to get fixed before it's playable.

I don't know, maybe some others can give their 2 cents?
Thanks! The Ad is not mine, it is the ad of the Guys who offered me the JPM as a trade for my JP6. I also feel like that not even 900 justifies for the condition.
HeadBender is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 30
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Ah ok.

I saw the same guitar on OLX and there the price was set to €500 so maybe there's some wiggle room.

I myself am looking for a JPM (I've got thread in the classifieds) and that's why I'm hunting all over the world. Mint or near-mint would be preferable of course, but I could live with a beaten-up P3 if the price was right. They're that hard to come by.
Terminal Function is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portugal, Lisbon
Posts: 55
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Dropped a PM to you.
HeadBender is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,279
Reviews: 2
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Function View Post
Ah ok.

I saw the same guitar on OLX and there the price was set to 500 so maybe there's some wiggle room.

I myself am looking for a JPM (I've got thread in the classifieds) and that's why I'm hunting all over the world. Mint or near-mint would be preferable of course, but I could live with a beaten-up P3 if the price was right. They're that hard to come by.

I think there is a jpm 100 p3 on blocket. Looks to be in nice shape,and i bet a high price. Anyway check it out.
maqify is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,279
Reviews: 2
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBender View Post
Hey Guys,

Help me out here, I was offered to trade my JP6 for a JPM + something.
Now the JPM is so to say well used....it has paint chips, dings, frets are alreay a tad low, they still have 1-2 dressing in them so it could be put in order.
The tremolo arm is missing and also the arm holder from the baseplate.

If I would be looking for a quick sale, would you say 900 would be "proper" price to get rid of it fast?

Thanks!

Why do you wanna trade the JP6 for the ibby jpm?? Is the one you got with piezo?
maqify is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 30
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
I think there is a jpm 100 p3 on blocket. Looks to be in nice shape,and i bet a high price. Anyway check it out.
Yeah, I saw that one. The bidding is up around 2000 now so it was a tad over my budget. Nice one though.

The JPM in this thread is now sold.
Terminal Function is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,279
Reviews: 2
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Function View Post
Yeah, I saw that one. The bidding is up around €2000 now so it was a tad over my budget. Nice one though.

The JPM in this thread is now sold.
Damn...i know it's a rare guitar but i myself would never pay 2000Euro for it. More like 10-12 swedish k.
Well people get gas for some things and just goes crazy...hehe. Seems like the camo jpm is a little easier to find then.

I know it's subjective but i would prefer the jp6 compared to the jpm p3.

Last edited by maqify; 09-17-2012 at 04:35 PM.
maqify is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:30 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 30
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Damn...i know it's a rare guitar but i myself would never pay 2Euro for it. More like 10-12 swedish k.
Well people get gas for some things and just goes crazy...hehe. Seems like the camo jpm is a little easier to find then.

I know it's subjective but i would prefer the jp6 compared to the jpm p3.
Yeah. 12k SEK was my bid. Hehe.

Never played a JP6 and that's probably a "better" guitar in most ways but the Ibanez JPM is a piece of art.
Terminal Function is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,279
Reviews: 2
Re: What would be the proper price for a well used JPM P3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal Function View Post
Yeah. 12k SEK was my bid. Hehe.

Never played a JP6 and that's probably a "better" guitar in most ways but the Ibanez JPM is a piece of art.

Yeah let's say a used but quite new jp6 with piezo would beat the jpm p3 all day long i think. But as you say the jpm is a little special.
But for 2000Euro you could get a jp6 and a new RG premium..haha
maqify is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP!! proper build sequence cmd130 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 3 03-26-2010 11:26 PM
Is there a proper way to break in a CAB? shogun Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 24 06-27-2007 12:04 AM
My first proper amp... Infinite Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 5 04-07-2005 05:03 PM
Proper use of the ol' metronome baileyk85 Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 1 07-08-2003 11:54 AM
Proper way of tuning the JS? DrPuls Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 6 11-22-2002 06:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome