What are your expectations/wishes on Ibanez 2001 guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

What are your expectations/wishes on Ibanez 2001 guitars?

What are your hopes/wishes/ expectations on next years Ibanez guitarline?
Is it a new jem? Motivepainted Rg or S bodies with cool flashy pictures? More variety on the 7 string section? Other pickups than Dimarzio?
Semiacoustic RG or what? *

Personally I hope that Ibanez will continue to create other higend lefties. I really enjoy my RG3120LTW and hope that Ibanez will do another highend lefty for 2001!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-08-2000, 12:32 PM

Reviews: 5

lets see-my hopes
* *I'm not left handed, but it is nice that the folks at Ibanez finally remembered you guys
* *I'd like a new JEM model. *Not that the others bad-I love my JEM7VWH-but maybe something a little more flashy? * BTW-I still think a red JEM with black trim would be cool as h*ll
. *call it a JEM666
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 10:29 AM

I would like to see the "Exotic Wood Series" come back. *

A cool quilt top, with a natural (unstained) finish would be nice. *Some quilt & flame tops with a *clear* clear coat on them so that you can see the beaty of the figuring. *Some transparant Purples would be nice. *Gold hardware.

That being said, I would also like the "Exotic Wood" product line to be the RG series, not a J Custom or Prestige.

This isn't a wish list, it's just a direction which I'd like to see the RG & S series move in.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 07:05 PM

I think, like most people, I'd like to see a new UV. Maybe something with Evo7's and a floral neck.

I'd also like to see Ibanez bring out the Bad horsie Jem. That would sell like a world champion.

Tony.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 10:20 PM

How about a return of the 7xx series RGs?

Maybe some non-sparkle, non-black finishes.. Metallics or pearl finishes in blue, green, red, purple, white, ect..

A model or two with reverse headstocks would be cool.. (preferably with regular pickup configurations )
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 05:01 AM

I'd love to see some new JS finish options! Instead of the usual Black Pearl and White! Maybe a Green Pearl or Purple Pearl!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 09:32 AM

Direct-mounted pickups across the board would be nice. Pickup rings = ugly. Don't even get me started on pickguards!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 12:31 PM

I imagine as S body in mohagaony, but chambered and about 1/4" thicker than the standard S...with a quilt or flame top like Kirk mentioned...all natural. *Then a Wizard/rose neck with offset dot inlays, or maybe just something cool on the 12th fret, and head stock to match the body. *Probably 2-1-2 Dimarzio pups and of course, the Edge (or Lo Pro)...smoke chrome hard wear. *Ok, I'll take an RG like this too. *And while we're at it, make the Double Edge an option with one stereo jack. *Whew...what a dream. *Ok, I'm awake now.
Greg
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I wish for -

1) Matching headstocks on more models say from the RG500 upwards?

2) the return of the RG700 series to fill ne gap in the RG range

3)Some brighter colours in the range.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 09:52 PM

Don’t laugh.

-I’d like to see more bindings and fancy inlays.
-A new UV or a variation to the 777PBK.
-Candy colors over quilted tops. (With bindings)
-An expensive, custom RG.
-A 7 string with a Double Edge trem. (and not just one or two, but several to choose.)
-My own signature model. :biggrin:
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 09:20 AM

Yeah,
* * * I'd like to see the RG 7** series come back, with some changes. For example; the JEM input jack, non-sharktooth inlays, new harware and body/ headstock colors, stock DiMarzio pickups matched to the body wood, DiMarzio strap lock system and a JEM-style case.

* * * Hey Bob, an Oakman sig model sounds great. Does that come with a beverage holder on the back of the headstock?
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 11:28 AM

Jeff, Yes it comes with cup holder, matching sunglasses and doubles for a pogo stick during off time.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 11:33 AM

How about more JEMs. Not new models, but they really should add the 7bsb and the 77fp back with the 2˝ JEMs that they are making now.:angry:

Hmmm...
How about a JPM based RG ?
Oh and they should switch that crappy PGM30 to the PGM800 or the PGM300.
And what happened to that beautifulRG620QSSOL
I like the new RG550EXSD...

(Edited by ytsejam at 12:17 pm on Dec. 12, 2000)
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 08:38 PM

I would love to see the return of the JS3 painted by Donnie hunt's ghost!! Ok, maybe that would be a little scary, but i would REALLY like to see a Gold plated JS, the GOLDBOY edition, with fancy golden inlays. Too much to ask for??
But definitely another line of cool graphics would be great.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 11:59 PM

I'd like to see the UVMC return.

In genral, I'd like to see more options for high-end guitars. We pay a high enough price for sure, so why can't we have body/neck/fingerboard wood options, inlay options, finish options, hardware color options, pickup config options.

I don't think that's asking for a lot on a guitar that usually averages around $2000 new.

Tags
clear coat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio strap , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge trem , edge bridge , edge trem , fingerboard wood , horsie jem , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez pickups , jem neck , locking nut , locking tuners , mounted pickups , neck shape , offset dot inlays , paul gilbert , pickup combination , pickup ring , pickup rings , pro edge , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , strap lock , string section , swirled jem , trs trems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode