whats going on on ibanez.com ??? |..|. o_O .|..| - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

whats going on on ibanez.com ??? |..|. o_O .|..|

hi everyone
new to the forums, but i´ve been reading a lot here since a long time
i was just wondering what has happenend to ibanez.com
right now i'm saving for a rg1550
it had been on the site pretty long (even though crappy pic), but now since the update it disappered!?!?!?!?!
have they been factory recalled? don't think so
have they only been produced for a short time, so that they won't put em up on the site?
btw.: i am up to the 1550, but anyone knows a better one for nearly the same price or less? (i dont want to buy a second-hand guitar)
i read a lot about the edge pro and the complains about it (lockin studs...)
i'm also afraid that this little axe will break while playing... that neck is so goddam thin....
all in all, i wanted a maple fretboard guitar with 24 jumbo frets, double locking trem and i should be an ibanez. of course i thought of changing the pickups, favouring some dimarzios.
might be pretty messed up this topic, sry....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:12 PM

1) I'm not sure why they 1550 is gone, but they still have the 1570, 2550, and 2570 which seem to be pretty similar (other than cosmetic things)

2) The neck is plenty strong, don't worry about it

3) I think you should reconsider your opinion of second hand guitars and get an older RG-550. The trem simply is better.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Vendor

The 1550 is dead in the US, possibly still alive offshore.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
3) I think you should reconsider your opinion of second hand guitars and get an older RG-550. The trem simply is better.
Is that based on your extensive experience on both the old and the new bridge? Disregarding the not always present post stuff, the new one is just as good or maybe better.

Rich: the 1550BK is in the '04 euro catalog
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 12:35 AM

Edge Pro bridges, with the proper studs and anchors, or Rich's modification, hold tune just as well as the Original Edge and Lo-Pro.

They also feel pretty much the same as far as using the bar, and with the plate flat to the body they actually feel a little more like a vintage bridge when you put your hand on them.

I'm sure Rich will back me up on that.

The only thing lacking is the locking studs, and at the moment that is an easy fix.

Eventually, I imagine, the locking studs will run out and become hard/impossible to find and we'll end up having to either go nuts setting action (as I'm sure Rich did when he tried to use the non-locking studs with the inserts he has for the anchors as locks) or live with them 'as is' since what everyone I've talked to has heard is this . . .

Ibanez doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with the 'new' studs, so they aren't going to go back to the locking studs.

Mic
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

thx guys for the quick reply!
i think i'll have some locking studs inserted when i get it
sometimes i ask myself if ibanez hasn't got any playtesters... any extrem whammy user ... or at least someone to notice the problem with non locking studs!
but on the market today, ibanez still is the best, new innovations, great prices, excellent shaping and reliable support
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 04:31 AM

The RG1550 is still up using the Netherland portal (don't worry, it is in enlgish).

The biggest problem about buying anything guitar related out here is that we have to pay LIST price for everything.

Now if you were to buy a guitar from Europe, and have it shipped to the states, you would be paying more on the list price because the Euro is worth more than the USD, shipping, import tax, etc...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:02 AM
dex

If you are going to import from anywhere Ishibashi is your best bet because of some glitch in the system you can get away without paying the 10% Import Tax, or something to that effect.
Rich knows more about it and I'm sure he can tell you why.

Another thing to consider is that every time an Ibanez model gets discontinued in the US most shops start getting rid of it at redicolous pricess so pay close attention to all large online guitar shops.

ilia
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Vendor

When the Yen was low Ishibashi was a good place, now that the dollar is valued like toilet paper Ishi is not a good place to buy. Noplace offshore is.

[have anything shipped to the US postal [there are a few exclusions to this, ie. France has their own customs office in the US so you will pay on postals from France] and you escape taxes and duties.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:38 AM

It is way cheaper buying from the States and living in Europe. I know when I go on vacation again, I am going to be getting a couple new toys.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2004, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Is that based on your extensive experience on both the old and the new bridge? Disregarding the not always present post stuff, the new one is just as good or maybe better.

Rich: the 1550BK is in the '04 euro catalog
touché But he'd still probably save some money on a great guitar.

Tags
edge pro bridge , edge pro bridges , guitar shop , jumbo frets , locking stud , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode