What's this RG?
I recently acquired an interesting RG, but don't really have a clue as to which model it is. The shop had it tagged as a RG620 - could be right, could be wrong. According to the serial number it's from the year 2000, made in Japan, and probably a Japan-only model. Other specs include:
- H-H pickup configuration. The guitar now has active EMGs, but they don't seem factory-installed. There are currently volume and tone pots with two on/off switches for the pickups, looks like there never was a 5-way switch installed.
- A flamed maple top with red finish. There's a slight burst on the top, and the entire back of the neck is also lacquered red. Not the greatest flame top I've seen, but not horrible.
- A creme binding on the body, neck and headstock.
- Original Edge bridge. The hardware is cosmo black, I think.
- Rosewood fingerboard, fret markers are dots (that seem to be slightly larger than usual on Ibanezes).
I don't have pictures right now, but will post some as soon as I get around to taking them. I'll accept any input in the meanwhile! I'm guessing a 2000 Japanese catalog would give me the answer, but can't seem to find any online...