What's The Width Of Ibanez Necks? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

What's The Width Of Ibanez Necks?

I'm loving my new Premium RG920... But one thing that I'm needing to get used to is the width of the fingerboard. Is it just me, or is the string spacing up and down the board I the Premium RG's narrower?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 09:38 AM

Re: What's The Width Of Ibanez Necks?

You know, google has all the answers: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...&series_id=147
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
You know, google has all the answers
If that were true, I'd know if Ibanez ever made the Edge Pro in Korea and put it in the Prestige 1570, of if I got scammed on eBay.

Thanks for the link though
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 AM

Reviews: 2

The string spacing is the same as it's always been on trem equipped RG's....10mm, They widened the neck by 2mm in 2005, they're now 58mm wide at the heel.

The 1570's all came with an EP or EZ, but they were all made in Japan. Not sure why you'd have an MIK. Do you have pics?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
The string spacing is the same as it's always been on trem equipped RG's....10mm, They widened the neck by 2mm in 2005, they're now 58mm wide at the heel.

The 1570's all came with an EP or EZ, but they were all made in Japan. Not sure why you'd have an MIK. Do you have pics?
I pm'ed you the pics. Thanks
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:27 AM

I replied.... sorry for the delay.........shoveling lots of snow today.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner4Life View Post
I pm'ed you the pics. Thanks
You inbox is full.....
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Reviews: 1

Ibanez Wiki has lots of info about all the necks.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:20 PM

Unfortunately, neither Ibanez.com or Wiki will give you any info about string spacing on Ibanez trems.

That's why we answer Q's like this as best we can.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

I found the info I needed earlier, here actually, someone posted list of which tremolos are compatible with which cavities.

I paid $76 for the Edge Pro 2, I wasn't terribly screwed over, I just needed something better in my Rg320 than the Edge 3... It is ironic though, I only got burned on eBay twice, first when buying the Rg320 from the eBay dealer claiming that the only issue with the guitar that made it a factory blemish was a small finish flaw, when in reality the neck pickup wasn't screwed in, the wiring was messed up, and the fret edges were like sharks teeth, and the second is now when buying a replacement tremolo for this very same Rg320 lmao

Thanks
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
I found the info I needed earlier, here actually, someone posted list of which tremolos are compatible with which cavities.

I paid $76 for the Edge Pro 2, I wasn't terribly screwed over, I just needed something better in my Rg320 than the Edge 3... It is ironic though, I only got burned on eBay twice, first when buying the Rg320 from the eBay dealer claiming that the only issue with the guitar that made it a factory blemish was a small finish flaw, when in reality the neck pickup wasn't screwed in, the wiring was messed up, and the fret edges were like sharks teeth, and the second is now when buying a replacement tremolo for this very same Rg320 lmao

Thanks

Wow, that sucks man...... sorry to hear it. The EPII will do fine for the time being, but your gonna want an EP or a Gotoh at some point.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 11:55 PM

BTW.... don't buy hardware off ebay.... it's always a ripoff.

Rich sells new units at the same or lower prices than those jokers are selling used ones for..........
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up... I was a little peeved when I saw that the Gotoh Floyd fit the route, they sell new for $129, thinking that the Edge Pro 2 was a 1, and was the only tremolo that fit the Edge 3 route, I had a max bid of $150, and the Gotoh is my Floyd of choice (after the original Edge).

At the end of the day, the Rg320 is just a 3rd or 4th guitar, I needed a new bridge because I gave it to my sister and she kept it in her attic for 3 years, in the open in a laundry basket and she lives by the ocean, so it got all funky (it didn't keep tune to start)... I have custom guitar being made from some builder Sully (a regular on the Jackson/Charvel board), and have an EVH Frankenstrat project I just ordered a Warmoth neck for, the Premium Rg920 I just bought will probably be my #1 or 2, which is an awesome guitar for the price, they're selling the black ice for $699... Needless to say, I'm not too concerned with the 320, I'd not be shocked if I sold or traded it with my Sz520 to pick up an old Rg550 or 770... It's just the principle, ya know, few of us have a ton of money to feed this little passion we have, so getting burned in the slightest is a PITA lol
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up... I was a little peeved when I saw that the Gotoh Floyd fit the route, they sell new for $129, thinking that the Edge Pro 2 was a 1, and was the only tremolo that fit the Edge 3 route, I had a max bid of $150, and the Gotoh is my Floyd of choice (after the original Edge).

At the end of the day, the Rg320 is just a 3rd or 4th guitar, I needed a new bridge because I gave it to my sister and she kept it in her attic for 3 years, in the open in a laundry basket and she lives by the ocean, so it got all funky (it didn't keep tune to start)... I have custom guitar being made from some builder Sully (a regular on the Jackson/Charvel board), and have an EVH Frankenstrat project I just ordered a Warmoth neck for, the Premium Rg920 I just bought will probably be my #1 or 2, which is an awesome guitar for the price, they're selling the black ice for $699... Needless to say, I'm not too concerned with the 320, I'd not be shocked if I sold or traded it with my Sz520 to pick up an old Rg550 or 770... It's just the principle, ya know, few of us have a ton of money to feed this little passion we have, so getting burned in the slightest is a PITA lol

I'm with 'ya...... it's not like Benjies are falling into any of our laps.....LOL

I have a bunch of project guitars laying around here too. I just need to finish one so that I can have a #1 guitar....LOL
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 02:48 PM

:X

:-)

Tags
neck , nut , premium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode