What's your opinion on the Jackson DKMG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

What's your opinion on the Jackson DKMG

Hi there
I've been doing lotsa research the past months to try and find a guitar that really fitted my needs and looked great as well....
So I had the choice of buying an Ibanez S-series/ Rg prestige or Jackson DKMG which looks mostly like an S-series
Well the problem here in Holland is that Ibanezzes are easy to get but Jacksons, thats quite a problem, particularly new types.
The DKMG was unavailable in other words.
I've eventually bought an Ibanez S520ex which is GREAT looking and sounds well too

But I am still wondering how those Jackson DKMG's play and i'm quite interested in how the 20 dB gain boost works.
Does anyone have experience with these guitars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:06 PM

i have played one of those in the store i thought they were sweet looking but thats about all. firt off ive gotten used to the neck on my Uv777BK and the neck on the jackson felt like my neck times 3 it was waaaaaaaaaay thick. when i plugged it in there was this annoying buzz so i switched amps but iut was still there. so i hit the gain boost and man it screamed literally everyone in the store thought i blew up the amp or something it was nasty. good points, well it felt like a tank, built to last for sure. dont buy one unless you get a good one i might just have been playing a bad one
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:22 PM

my experience with the gain boosts is they are mostly hype... I guess it would come in handy somewhere for somebody.

Not sure, but if thats a low end model(I don't recall), I've never had good luck with lower end model guitars... so I stay away from them.

However if it is one of their higher end models, then I know their quility is good. Likeing the guitar is a personal matter though.

Loved my custom shop Jackson Warrior... sold it though... now I wonder why??? oh yeah, no whammy!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2002, 10:26 PM

oh... I recommend the RGT3120.... I think I'm just going to switch over to 7s full time, so no matter how much I like it, I'm probably going to put mine up for sale tonight.

I got a custom shop UV coming, so that'll replace my rgt.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2002, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

But already had two Ibanezzes at the time, and it's a damn shame I can't try the guitar myself.
But if the neck's that thick I don't think I'm going to like it compared to the Super Wizard Neck on my new S-series
I like it for the looks, and its like way cheaper than a rgt3120 (I wanted a 3120 in twilight blue, but that took way too much time to order )
Thx for the input
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 03:34 AM

the necks on the jackson is definitely a little "fatter", fits in your hand with a tighter fit in comparison to the neck on a rgt3120. i didn't like the jackson neck very much but my friend prefers that to the wizard II neck on an RG740 we tried (which i thought was very nice for the price). down to preference i guess
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Just wait till you'll find your hands on a real wizard or super wizard neck
That is I guess the main reason that I think I've really made the right decision, in my opinion playability is the main thing if two guitars are otherwise the same caliber, you can always change your pickups!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 06:26 PM

lol, the wizard neck is even thinner, don't seem to like that much though. so far, the best fitting neck for me is the JS neck on the JS1000 - just beautiful, i really like the way it feels, not sure how I can put it
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:49 AM

I've played a DKMG (acoustically) while trying out guitars at Guitar Center. I like the neck and the fact that it's an archtop but it comes with the JT580LP bridge which is more like a lo trs bridge from a quality perspective than an OFR.

Tags
custom shop , super wizard neck , trs bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode