Whats your take on Agile? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 32
Whats your take on Agile?

This new trans-black is seriously gettin me warm.



hows the quality on them, they come with Dimarzio Blaze pups.
Mind's Mirrors is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,422
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

ive been looking at one myself since I seen that one posted here a week or so ago it was the transparent green...

guess there is only one way to find out LOL
ibanezcollector is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 816
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

I think it is great that Rondomusic is finally coming out with a 7 string. I have no experiance with these, but my old Les Paul copy from them is great.
Andy43 is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 6,200
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

I've been told by guys whose opinions I trust that if you add 50% to what they're charging, youget what you'd consiter a "good buy for the price" guitar. At the actual cost, they're supposed to be absurd.

Never playeed one myself, but like I said they should be worth what you pay and then some. FWIW, though, I hear future versions will ship without Blazes.
Drew is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 32
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I've been told by guys whose opinions I trust that if you add 50% to what they're charging, youget what you'd consiter a "good buy for the price" guitar. At the actual cost, they're supposed to be absurd.

Never playeed one myself, but like I said they should be worth what you pay and then some. FWIW, though, I hear future versions will ship without Blazes.
Yea, I heard it was because Dimarzio didnt want their pups in such a cheap guitar.
Mind's Mirrors is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,689
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

I've gotten Carvin 7's out of the bay for 500, and those are not only better quality than these, but they'll hold their value. These haven't been out long enough to guess at what the resale will be like. They have nice tops, and possibly are still available with DiMarzio pickups, but the routes are far to big, and the trem cavities are occasionally too tight. In general, your best shot at quality in a given price range is to find something used that sells for less than it originally did. But as far as new goes, I guess there's nothing out there that touches these at the moment. I personally wouldn't consider buying one, but the people who have bought them do seem happy with them. I can't say whether they were primarily motivated by price or quality, though. (If I had to guess, I'd say they were motivated by the tops )
jim777 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 6,200
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
(If I had to guess, I'd say they were motivated by the tops )
+1, lol. Someone posted pictures of a green one over at sevenstring.org that was just to die for - they posed it next to their 10-top PRS, and while it didn't have QUITE the depth of the PRS, considering one was like $400 and the other was like $2k, it was a difference I could live with.
Drew is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,689
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Wait until my triple step Carvin arrives!
jim777 is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 11:43 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 518
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
I've gotten Carvin 7's out of the bay for 500, and those are not only better quality than these, but they'll hold their value. These haven't been out long enough to guess at what the resale will be like. They have nice tops, and possibly are still available with DiMarzio pickups, but the routes are far to big, and the trem cavities are occasionally too tight. In general, your best shot at quality in a given price range is to find something used that sells for less than it originally did. But as far as new goes, I guess there's nothing out there that touches these at the moment. I personally wouldn't consider buying one, but the people who have bought them do seem happy with them. I can't say whether they were primarily motivated by price or quality, though. (If I had to guess, I'd say they were motivated by the tops )
At $400, why does the resale value matter?

Their guitars are so cheap that to my mind the only real question is whether they're going to play well enough and sound good enough to get serious playing time? If the answer to that is yes, then their prices are so low that it's something of a no-brainer. If the answer is no, then it doesn't really matter how cheap they are. They have a good return policy, so it certainly wouldn't cost much to find out.
Jim Soloway is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,422
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
I've gotten Carvin 7's out of the bay for 500, and those are not only better quality than these, but they'll hold their value.

LOL reread that one there on **** a lot cheaper but they hold there value..

If they went on **** that cheap then they didnt hold there value did they?

I would say they held there value just as much as agile would.. Both wont get ya anywhere close to what ya have invested. Its a loss either way.
ibanezcollector is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,689
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
LOL reread that one there on **** a lot cheaper but they hold there value..

If they went on **** that cheap then they didnt hold there value did they?

I would say they held there value just as much as agile would.. Both wont get ya anywhere close to what ya have invested. Its a loss either way.
If you pay 500 for a Carvin on the Bay, you'll get 500 out of it when you go to sell it. There is no loss whatsoever involved with the transaction. If you spend 500 on an Agile, you can assume there will be a loss to be taken when you go to sell it. That was my point, and, that was what I said.
jim777 is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,422
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
If you pay 500 for a Carvin on the Bay, you'll get 500 out of it when you go to sell it. There is no loss whatsoever involved with the transaction. If you spend 500 on an Agile, you can assume there will be a loss to be taken when you go to sell it. That was my point, and, that was what I said.

well I was assuming the person paid upwards of $800 for it new and resold it for $500 he took a hit on that. So it doesnt hold its value.

Assuming someone pays $409 for a Agile and sells it on **** he will get around the same percentage. Ive seen them go for $250 on **** used.

That is what im saying.. So they both dont hold there value to well.

My take on it.
ibanezcollector is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 05:16 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 152
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

I really enjoy my Interceptor. It's a great guitar. I made a thread a few days ago.
nyck is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 11:36 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 518
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
If you pay 500 for a Carvin on the Bay, you'll get 500 out of it when you go to sell it. There is no loss whatsoever involved with the transaction. If you spend 500 on an Agile, you can assume there will be a loss to be taken when you go to sell it. That was my point, and, that was what I said.
That's really an argument about new vs used and has nothing to do with either Carvin or Agile.
Jim Soloway is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Moderator
 
jim777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 9,689
Re: Whats your take on Agile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
That's really an argument about new vs used and has nothing to do with either Carvin or Agile.
I'm not looking at it as a new or used, one manufacturer vs. another thing, I'm looking at it strictly from a "am I throwing my money away by buying this?" thing. Some of the posters here are pretty young, as in too young to vote or drink legally, and 400 is a LOT of saving up to them. They are very likely better off getting a decent used guitar then buying a shiny new Agile. If you want to take a gamble on the Agile, knock yourself out. Certainly there are people who've bought them (all very recently) who are happy with them. However, if you can't afford to have it be a canoe paddle with a flame top, then I would suggest you either get something else or wait until June to see if everyone who currently loves them still loves and plays them. That's it.
jim777 is offline  
Reply

Tags
dimarzio blaze , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , les paul

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Agile 8 string $400 out of control room Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 08-27-2010 01:54 PM
FT: Agile PS 924 soliloquy Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 8 03-26-2010 05:29 PM
FS AGILE AL-3000 ; AGILE AS-820; THD HOTPLATE Rudy Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 6 10-06-2009 03:10 PM
How are the Agile 7's? Awake77 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 2 01-28-2007 04:18 PM
FS/FT: Agile Interceptor Drache713 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 17 03-17-2006 09:36 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome