Where to buy J customs? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Where to buy J customs?

Hi, there,

I want to find websites where I can buy Jcustoms. I used to visit ishibashi.com, but it seems to be gone now? I recently found http://www.apollonmusic.com/c_menu/Ibanez/IBZ/IBZ.html, which looks pretty cool, but I wonder if any of you guys have bought there and how good was service and what not...

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:30 AM

Re: Where to buy J customs?

You have the wrong url. It's http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:31 AM

Yeah, that place does look pretty cool. I haven't heard of it before though. They might not have an export license.

Ishibashi is still selling J-Customs. Some of the guys on this site have bought J-Customs from there recently.

There's a few places selling J-Customs in the UK but they're not cheap!
http://www.guitarstrings.co.uk/info.asp?show=jcustom

Good Luck!

Last edited by JTM45; 05-18-2005 at 10:37 AM.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:57 PM

Ishibashi would be the place to go if you're looking for J-Customs. I've gotten all mine from there (all 3-4 of them). Alternatively you could also check and see if there's anyone around here on Jemsite that's willing to sell one.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
Ishibashi would be the place to go if you're looking for J-Customs. I've gotten all mine from there (all 3-4 of them). Alternatively you could also check and see if there's anyone around here on Jemsite that's willing to sell one.
I am curious as to how you buy them... The whole website is in Japanese, so I get nothing! How do you contact them? Do you use credit card to pay? How long did it take for you to get the guitar?

Thanks
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:29 AM

If you go to this page;http://www.ishibashi-music.com/
there's an e-mail address to contact if you speak English.

I e-mailed them for some prices before and a guy called 'Tatsuro' or 'Koichi'(i think that was his name anyway,lol) e-mailed me back with the prices I wanted and also the shipping cost to the UK from Japan.

They've got a lot of guitars that aren't even on the website so if you have a particular guitar in mind just ask them if they have any in stock.
You'll obviously have to let them know where you are so they can give you a shipping price too.

It's worth checking this place out;
http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl...l%3Den%26lr%3D
,but keep in mind that they don't export. It's good to look at though because there's some Japanese market only guitars on there that Ishibabshi may have in stock too.If you go to the bottom of the page you can follow on to another 10 or so pages of lovely Ibanez guitars.

Hope that helps you.

Last edited by JTM45; 05-19-2005 at 11:42 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 05:25 PM

As JTM45 said, you can e-mail the guys at the Ishibashi webshop about pricing and stuff. I usually deal with Ace(the webshop manager) and/or Koichi via e-mail. They're good guys, I've dealt with them enough within the last few months to be considered a VIP customer.

As for delivery time, it's usually taken about a week for the order to get to me.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
As JTM45 said, you can e-mail the guys at the Ishibashi webshop about pricing and stuff. I usually deal with Ace(the webshop manager) and/or Koichi via e-mail. They're good guys, I've dealt with them enough within the last few months to be considered a VIP customer.

As for delivery time, it's usually taken about a week for the order to get to me.
Many thanks, much appreciated
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 03:42 PM

If you look around the site a little you can find a link that will take you to the english version of the page. I found it last night. First it takes you to this plain looking site that tells you some stuff about the company but has a link to take to back to the store site in english. I looked around on it for awhile last night, the price is still in yen, but other then that it's pretty good. just get out a currency convertor and your set. Last night it was about 107 yen to $1.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 10:44 PM

For some strange reason, I have no problem navigating through thier website. In fact, I even just ordered an RG8670TV from them.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

I contacted these guys and they told me most of these models are discontinued and not in stock anymore... Hope your lucky with your order, but I think it will be rejected.

I then talked to the guys at ishibashi and they told me the current models they stock are:

RG8270F / DR (Deep Red)
/ BX (Black Onyx)
/ TB (Transparent Blue)
/ VV (Vintage Violin)
Its price is 200,000YEN.

RG8170F / NT (Natural)
/ TB
/ VV
/ BX
Its price is 188,000YEN.

RG8127F / VV
/ BX
Its price is 192,000YEN.

All of those models are yummy, but I miss the 85s and 86s...

Cheers
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredMeister
I contacted these guys and they told me most of these models are discontinued and not in stock anymore... Hope your lucky with your order, but I think it will be rejected.

I then talked to the guys at ishibashi and they told me the current models they stock are:

RG8270F / DR (Deep Red)
/ BX (Black Onyx)
/ TB (Transparent Blue)
/ VV (Vintage Violin)
Its price is 200,000YEN.

RG8170F / NT (Natural)
/ TB
/ VV
/ BX
Its price is 188,000YEN.

RG8127F / VV
/ BX
Its price is 192,000YEN.

All of those models are yummy, but I miss the 85s and 86s...

Cheers
I miss the lefties of those .

Regards

Andr

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredMeister
Actually my RG8670TV was not rejected and was shipped out today(May 23rd, 2005). I'll post pics of it later this week when I get it in.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Looking at the RG8127, a serious cool (though flawed; it has a trem) guitar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishibashi's hilarious translator
They are seven bowstrings of j.custom by which both sounds and the play abilities such as top locks to which the screw is stopped from the copper foil painting in the change to the low profile and the cavity persisting and the on improved the grade or more. As seven bowstrings of Ibanez, the structure of frame Maple top/Mahoganebacc is taken to the body for the first time, and it finishes it up in a balanced sound. DiMarzio AIR NORTON 7 and TONE ZONE 7 are adopted for picking up, and ..fat.. sound is achieved more solemnly.
I've always had trouble achieving my fat sounds solemnly!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 01:05 AM

Update: I just got my RG8670TV in today. I'll post pics of it later. (I need to take a family shot or at least a J-Custom family shot)

Tags
air norton , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , ibanez guitars , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode