Originally Posted by Dr. D
Is the RG8270F the same guitar as the RG8670? They come in the same colors and they look alike too. Don't know to much about the specs.
As far as I can tell, they're the same except for the following:
- The 8270 isn't offered in the violet finish.
- The 8270 doesn't have a matching headstock. It's a wood veneer.
- The 8270 has a slightly thicker neck (18mm vs 17mm).
- The 8270 has an unbound rosewood fretboard. The 8670 had an ebony board bound in maple.
- The 8270 comes with the now standard maple / walnut neck. The 8670 had a maple / bubinga neck.
I'm not sure about this one, but the hardware might be different colors. The 8670 had violet chrome hardware. It looks like the 8270 has powder cosmo, though I'm not certain.
I said this in another thread, but IMO, the 8270 is a slightly downgraded 8670. Given the model numbers, I think that's Ibanez's intent.