Where to get custom Ibanez bodies? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Where to get custom Ibanez bodies?

Title says it all. I remember hearing of a few websites years ago, but long wait lists or I don't know if they're around?

I really want an Ibanez with a TOM, HSS or just H configuration and a flame top. Anyone know some decent people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Re: Where to get custom Ibanez bodies?

Build one! I am.

But, for real, I believe Jaden Rose does what you are looking for.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM

No decent people

I think i would try Nate Perle first, check ebay for perleguitars001. have heard nothing bad about Jaden Rose .

Stay away from the usual suspects. If not than Baaaaaaad things are going to happen
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 PM

Are those routes for an Original Edge?
I was considering getting an unfinished Mahogany 565 body from him.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM

Reviews: 11

ET Guitars - ad at the top of page. CNC's any config you'd like. Quality work.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragsternj View Post
No decent people

I think i would try Nate Perle first, check ebay for perleguitars001. have heard nothing bad about Jaden Rose .

Stay away from the usual suspects. If not than Baaaaaaad things are going to happen
I just received a body from Nate Perle from e bay, and it needs A LOT of work to
make it even look semi-good. I spent all day filing and sanding his saw marks down
on my custom 540PII body, so you might want to go elsewhere if that's the quality
of his work IMO.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvedmb View Post
I just received a body from Nate Perle from e bay, and it needs A LOT of work to
make it even look semi-good. I spent all day filing and sanding his saw marks down
on my custom 540PII body, so you might want to go elsewhere if that's the quality
of his work IMO.
Same here. Mine is in rough shape. The inner neck pocket side is cracked off among other things! I thought it was a joke.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato101010 View Post
Build one! I am.

But, for real, I believe Jaden Rose does what you are looking for.
That's actually the best option right now, or having a skilled luthier do it. These days, there are so many resources available to folks for tons of DIY stuff. We always hear about people "jailbreaking" an IPhone, refurbishing their old NES to new condition, etc. There's nothing better than the felling of accomplishment when you do something on your own. Still, the tools and supplies required for building a guitar can be quite expensive, unless you already have some decent woodworking tools available.

http://projectguitar.com/tut/body.htm

Tags
bodies , custom , ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode