Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  bancika 
#1 ·
Which store carries 2007 model? How long does it usually take for it to arrive?
Thanks

#2 ·

For Serbia I don't know. I don't think Musicians Friend and Sam Ash will deliver out of country. I could be wrong though. I actually picked up the a 2007 RG2550 last night from a guy selling his new one on the bay. I was originally going to strip it down, keep the neck, and sell the rest, but after playing it last night I want to keep it. The jury is still out on whether or not I'll keep it. I got it for $700 with the case and it's literally brand new. He used it twice and didn't like it. If you can get one they're awesome guitars.

#7 ·

It looks like any regular 550 with black metal flake and a smoked plastic pickguard. The hardware is cosmo which looks like a smoked chrome. The neck has sharkstooth inlays, but it's just the outline of the tooth. The whole thing isn't filled in like a regular sharkstooth inlay. Looks like a sideways letter M.

The pickups are very hot...kinda like the Evos. I can tell they're a different sound, but they're hot. I like them!

The headstock is plain gloss black with an abalone inlay for the Ibanez logo.

I don't like black guitars, but this one is hot. It's the metal flake. Makes all the difference.

#12 ·

That would never happen. Especially not on a 2550. That's Ibanez's top 550 model. I ordered online for my RFR 20th RG550 and it was wrapped in plastic and the foam sheet from Ibanez. You order online and there won't be a mark on it. It's not like they have it out on a showroom floor and send it to you. It's in the box from Ibanez until someone buys it.

#24 ·
why don't you get locking stud kit and install it yourself for 40$?
I'm little disappointed to hear that factory new guitar that costs ~900$ needs full setup, fret dress, etc. Some cheaper ibanez guitar (and other brands) can really have crappy neck wood, that's my biggest concern. Hope it isn't a case with prestige guitars...
As for setup, I can do basic stuff myself, but when I take it back to serbia my father can do full tring if needed (if basswood body turns out to be crap we'll make JEM body out of alder/mahagony)
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.