Where Should I get parts for my jem copy? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Question Where Should I get parts for my jem copy?

I'm positive that this has been covered, but I can't find a thread about this. The only shops that I know of that deal with Jem Copies are:EKG Custom Shop featured above, and Monsterguitarshop.com.

Does anyone some other suggestions or experiance with either of these 2 company's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:11 PM

Re: Where Should I get parts for my jem copy?

I'm not familiar with monster shop, but there's also LGM (above), but I don't think he's up and running since his move. FYI.

"Jem copy" is sort of vague. What exactly are you looking to do? To make a Jem copy, you may or may not need those guys. As far as Jems go you probably couldn't get better than Eddie or Jeremy, but they're busy as could be. So, if you start with an RG the hardest thing you'll have to get done is the routing and the inlays. There was a "schematic" for a Jem floating around here somewhere. Depending on how handy you are you could do it yourself or have it done. As far as parts, trem, pups, etc., your local Ibanez dealer, Rich (above) or Matt's Music (also above) could help.

Hope it helps...
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofshred
I'm positive that this has been covered, but I can't find a thread about this. The only shops that I know of that deal with Jem Copies are:EKG Custom Shop featured above, and Monsterguitarshop.com.

Does anyone some other suggestions or experiance with either of these 2 company's?
Ask Koss about his experience with monsterguitarshop or ask over at the kramer forum about them.

Regards

André

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Contact Brian at www.universaljems.com He'll hook you up.............
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin
Contact Brian at www.universaljems.com He'll hook you up.............
I thought that Brian didn't do this anymore?

Regards

André

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
I thought that Brian didn't do this anymore?

Regards

André

If you clicked on his web-site, I guess that would answer your question......
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mclaughlin
If you clicked on his web-site, I guess that would answer your question......
After years of doing custom work for other people on a paid basis I have closed down the shop services section of Universal Jems.

I will still honor all warrantees for work I have performed.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
After years of doing custom work for other people on a paid basis I have closed down the shop services section of Universal Jems.

I will still honor all warrantees for work I have performed.

I,m sorry about that. I thought he was talking about replacement parts....(my bad).
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111
I'm not familiar with monster shop, but there's also LGM (above), but I don't think he's up and running since his move. FYI.
LGM isn't doing customs anymore, he's strictly doing his own Leviathan guitars now (He may still be doing custom airbrush graphics, I can't remember for sure).
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer
LGM isn't doing customs anymore, he's strictly doing his own Leviathan guitars now (He may still be doing custom airbrush graphics, I can't remember for sure).
I don't think he's doing much of anything until his booth is squared away (unless it is by now--I hope so, for his sake). If I recall correctly, he'll do the mods if you don't mind going to the back of the line. You'd have to get in touch with him or find his latest update.

I think this is the latest update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
I am also very happy to announce, and regretful at the same time, that once up and running, LGM Guitars will be taking orders only for Leviathan instruments. This may change in the future, but currently the work load is so high that I cannot take on the other work. However, as I stated in past posts, IF you are really set on having LGM Guitars do a special job for you, contact me, I will take on other work with the understanding that it may take 12 months if not more.

Last edited by bpd111; 02-26-2006 at 09:02 PM.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, these are really good suggestion. By the phrase "Jem copy" I simply meant a jem style body made to the same specs as any of the Jem mods. 777, Universe, etc.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

So is LGM still selling replacement parts?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

nm the reply above, i got confused. I meant to say is UniversalJems still sellin replacement parts.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentofshred
So is LGM still selling replacement parts?
By "parts" I thought you meant all the parts including fretboard and routed body which would be the most difficult parts to come by. He doesn't really sound like a viable option at the moment.

What are you looking for?
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Specifically what I'm looking for is a custom body, and hardware (everytig but pickups). Perhaps, a neck, though I'm going to check evilbay for a Wizard II Prestige.

Tags
custom shop , ibanez dealer , jem style body , lgm guitars , neck joint , pickguard paradise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode