Who owns a Rhoads V? post pics... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Who owns a Rhoads V? post pics...

i bought my jap made RR5 in 01, for 900 bux brand new(including overnight shipping), not a bad deal, it was a 2000 model on clearance... i didn't play it much for the first 2 years... but recently, i got around to actually setting it up, truss rod adjustment, lowered the action, new pickups, the guitar screams... the old pickups screamed too as they were a couple of duncan JB's(the bridge was a TB4, the trem spaced version of the JB), but they wound up in another guitar... now i have a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover(Authentic PAF Reissue) in the bridge, and a Gibson 57 in the neck position... great combination, tho i'm thinking of putting the JB back in the neck... anyways i'm ditching the gold hardware on mine, i absolutely hate it... itd be one thing if it was real gold or real gold plating, but its just a finish on regular metal... i took a piece of 1500 grit sandpaper to it, and it took the gold paint off in 2 swipes... poor quality... so i'm changing over to all black hardware... anyways heres a pic of mine, and another pic of what i want to do with the paint scheme...

oh yeah and its signed by Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala of Children of Bodom, but i'm removing the signatures, i still dig the players, but i don't need their sigs on my guitar.
i love this guitar, its a dream to play... i put some straplocks on it and recessed them, which made it more comfortable to play standing up or sitting down... so yeah, ur turn now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 05:32 AM

It doesnt look drastically different, and at first I thought I was looking at the same guitar twice. But now I can see the subtle changes your after.
I say go for it. Its the subtle changes in a guitar that make the difference sometimes. I wouldnt however get rid of the signatures. I would cover them up with some sticky PVC covering or whatever. Then they wont rub off either!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 07:07 AM

Great axe! I always thought RR's were the best looking V's out there .

Congratulations!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
It doesnt look drastically different, and at first I thought I was looking at the same guitar twice. But now I can see the subtle changes your after.
I say go for it. Its the subtle changes in a guitar that make the difference sometimes. I wouldnt however get rid of the signatures. I would cover them up with some sticky PVC covering or whatever. Then they wont rub off either!
i had the sig clearcoated in. but i'm removing it now, for its chipped in spots, revealing that the clearcoat almost completely pulled the sig out of the guitar's paint. i'm not interested in having a sig on my guitar, it doesn't do anything for the tone
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:25 PM

doesn't do anything to hinder the tone either.

Tags
alexi laiho , neck position , rod adjustment , seymour duncan , truss rod , truss rod adjustment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode