Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 103
Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

I know I would... I know the color thing has always been one of ibanez's lacking areas, but it seems a lot of people love the RGA's, and I don't know about everybody, but I'm not a fan of the looks of most blue guitars. I actually like the cosmetics of the RGA121's better... but if there were some new color options for the flamed top 321's, then that would be a different story...

flamed amber top? translucent black? sunburst? eh, eh?

somebody should photoshop some up.

I noticed they have that new 121 color for this year... the crushed velvet.... bleh. if they had something other than blue for the 321, I'd actually be willing to spring for it
JoshuaLogan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:04 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Posts: 2,445
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

I'd say that a natural finished 321 would be the ****.
King Knall is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 103
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
I'd say that a natural finished 321 would be the ****.
I'd second that!
JoshuaLogan is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 06:31 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 35
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

An RGA321 with a swirled Ebony top (like the S2170) and matching headstock would be the ultimate, IMO.
I'd also like to see an RGA with a rosewood top, to match the current headstock.
I wonder if anyone could do that to my vlf? hmmm...
#1son is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Huddersfield/Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 1,373
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

I'm still adamant that the RGA is the best guitar Ibanez have ever done If it had Piezo it would blow my mind!

More colours the better though, I'd lilke an RGA321 to compliment my 121, although I'm quite fond of few cosmetics now.

What I'd LOVE is a Burl Maple topped RGA121, infact, if I get some spare money sometime I'd love to try and get one of these tops on my 121 also an Ebony fingerboard!

Woohoo!
Andelusion is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Posts: 2,445
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion View Post
I'm still adamant that the RGA is the best guitar Ibanez have ever done If it had Piezo it would blow my mind!

More colours the better though, I'd lilke an RGA321 to compliment my 121, although I'm quite fond of few cosmetics now.

What I'd LOVE is a Burl Maple topped RGA121, infact, if I get some spare money sometime I'd love to try and get one of these tops on my 121 also an Ebony fingerboard!

Woohoo!
I can see the RGA getting a Piezo in the future. I can also see a set-neck version, or maybe even a hollow-bodied model. The RGA is one of the best models to have come out in recent years.
King Knall is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:33 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 201
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

i really hope the rga's don't see any improvements...because then i'd lose about a thousand dollars!
chone is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Posts: 2,445
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chone View Post
i really hope the rga's don't see any improvements...because then i'd lose about a thousand dollars!
Knowing Ibanez, you'll probably have to pay that much in the future with squat changes.
King Knall is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: long island
Posts: 53
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

I'll tell ya, my 321 is an excellent guitar. I'm more of a Les Paul guy and my Ibanez hold is ground really good. I like the blue, but I think a trans red would be great. Also I just scored a used 121 in violin finsh $395! At that price I couldn't let it go. I like the RGA's because I really cant deal with tremolos, and the bridge on the RGA's is thing of beauty. These are great guitars at a good price.
the399 is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 103
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the399 View Post
I'll tell ya, my 321 is an excellent guitar. I'm more of a Les Paul guy and my Ibanez hold is ground really good. I like the blue, but I think a trans red would be great. Also I just scored a used 121 in violin finsh $395! At that price I couldn't let it go. I like the RGA's because I really cant deal with tremolos, and the bridge on the RGA's is thing of beauty. These are great guitars at a good price.
you lucky bastard. I'll give you $700 for it. eh, eh?
JoshuaLogan is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 201
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
Knowing Ibanez, you'll probably have to pay that much in the future with squat changes.
hah. well, what i meant was that if those guitars improve at all, it'll be hard to convince myself not to buy one!
chone is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 AM
GAZ
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 447
Exclamation Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLogan View Post
I know I would... I know the color thing has always been one of ibanez's lacking areas, but it seems a lot of people love the RGA's, and I don't know about everybody, but I'm not a fan of the looks of most blue guitars. I actually like the cosmetics of the RGA121's better... but if there were some new color options for the flamed top 321's, then that would be a different story...

flamed amber top? translucent black? sunburst? eh, eh?

somebody should photoshop some up.

I noticed they have that new 121 color for this year... the crushed velvet.... bleh. if they had something other than blue for the 321, I'd actually be willing to spring for it
It's now also available in BX in Japan.
GAZ is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 103
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
It's now also available in BX in Japan.
What does bx stand for?
JoshuaLogan is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:00 AM
GAZ
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 447
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

It's the Ibanez code for 'Black Onyx' which is a colour commonly used on the J Customs !!! In other words it's a transparent grey black flame top. Nice !!!!
GAZ is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 103
Re: Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
It's the Ibanez code for 'Black Onyx' which is a colour commonly used on the J Customs !!! In other words it's a transparent grey black flame top. Nice !!!!
that sounds awesome. got a link to pics anywhere?
JoshuaLogan is offline  
Reply

Tags
ebony fingerboard , les paul

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who'd like to see the RGA321 in some new colors? JoshuaLogan Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 1 02-21-2007 02:58 AM
Help with RGA321 Color bach All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 12 12-31-2005 07:45 PM
RG1527 colors . . . so confusing Exhale All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 14 07-27-2005 12:58 AM
Colors suggestions for my guitar! Help! nuno All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 8 01-04-2004 05:41 AM
Can't decide on colors for a future swirl? - photoshop fun lwi Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 21 05-08-2001 08:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome