A whole bunch of new Fender American Vintage reissues - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

A whole bunch of new Fender American Vintage reissues

Fender has revamped the American Vintage reissue series. Check 'em out!

http://iheartguitarblog.com/2012/08/...s-guitars.html

From the press release:

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (August 21, 2012) — Fender’s American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender’s roots—preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating how many of the most desirable instruments of the past can be expertly recreated in look, feel and sound.

The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender’s best-selling guitars (their early-’80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was “back” as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, the entire vintage-reissue concept has been completely and comprehensively re-imagined—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars designers tracked down to ensure even greater accuracy.

All the new American Vintage Series guitars feature thick and slim necks with profiles and edges carefully re-sculpted to reflect even greater period-correct authenticity, with both maple and rosewood fingerboards, vintage-style frets and bone nuts; all-new vintage-style pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound to accurately reflect specific model years, and even specific periods within specific model years; retooled pickguards, parts and hardware designed to accurately reflect specific model years (and again, even specific periods within specific model years), and standard and custom-color finishes re-formulated for even greater period-correct authenticity.

The new guitars are the American Vintage ’56, ’59 and ’65 Stratocaster® models (’56 model also in left-handed version), American Vintage ’58 and ’64 Telecaster® models (’64 model also in left-handed version), American Vintage ’65 Jazzmaster® and American Vintage ’65 Jaguar®. Also, the American Vintage ’52 Telecaster returns to the fold (in right- and left-handed versions) with body, neck and pickups refined with the best features—tones, curves, perimeters, radii and more—from a handful of extraordinary ’52 Telecaster specimens examined by Fender craftsmen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 AM

Reviews: 19
Re: A whole bunch of new Fender American Vintage reissues

The Black and White '56 is the shizz!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Yeah! This is what I'm lusting after though:

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, first person to say I only want one to be like Craig McLaughlan in the video for "Amanda" gets a punch in the throat. http://youtu.be/kNebT63is8A
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM

I love Strats as well. From this particular series this one is the one I'd get, but I require a maple fingerboard:

The fact is though, that Fender has been doing quite a few cools things. Their select series is also very nice for instance. If only Fender wasn't so damn expensive
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 PM

Reviews: 15

I won't get excited about a Fender until they bring back the Richie Sambora strat with FR, preferably in the burst.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:59 AM

Reviews: 5
Talking Re: A whole bunch of new Fender American Vintage reissues

Oh, finally Fender stops making cutting-edge ultra-modern guitars and goes back to their roots

I like the Jazzmaster, though.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh View Post
Oh, finally Fender stops making cutting-edge ultra-modern guitars and goes back to their roots

I like the Jazzmaster, though.
Fender makes plenty of cutting edge ultra modern guitars. The American Deluxe Stratocaster is more high-tech than the average RG, it just happens to look like a Strat.

Example: http://www.fender.com/en-AU/products...?prodNo=011910
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Fender makes plenty of cutting edge ultra modern guitars. The American Deluxe Stratocaster is more high-tech than the average RG, it just happens to look like a Strat.

Example: http://www.fender.com/en-AU/products...?prodNo=011910
I think jem7vwh was being sarcastic.
My boyfriend just sent me a link a few hours ago about these. He's all hot and bothered about getting a '64 reissue. His teacher has an actual '64 sunburst with a rosewood board (I think) and he wants to steal it from him.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:48 AM

Oops, I meant the '65. Dual-typo.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:37 AM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Fender makes plenty of cutting edge ultra modern guitars. The American Deluxe Stratocaster is more high-tech
LOL. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my stratocaster for what it is, but Fender's still using the same designs (with very few tweaks) they've had in place for 60 years. On the guitar you've linked, they're still using an inferior bridge, a fat and short 22 fret neck, a blocky neck heel (despite calling it sculpted, it's still an old neck plate, just with one corner rounded off), widely despised single coil "Noiseless" pickups that are neither noiseless or toneful.

Let me know when they go for fanned frets, stainless frets, 24+ fret necks, deeper cutaways, faster neck profiles, carbon-fiber construction, active single coils to get rid of the buzz, and a modern bridge. Honestly, the Fender of the late 80s and a brief moment in the 1990s (with the Stagemasters) was far more modern than they've been this decade.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh View Post
Let me know when they go for fanned frets, stainless frets, 24+ fret necks, deeper cutaways, faster neck profiles, carbon-fiber construction, active single coils to get rid of the buzz, and a modern bridge. Honestly, the Fender of the late 80s and a brief moment in the 1990s (with the Stagemasters) was far more modern than they've been this decade.
Apart perhaps for the bridge, all the other things you mentioned are simply matters of preference over being modern. You say that as if all guitars came with that same feature set these days, which obviously is not true. I also see the fact that they still produce the same guitar and are more or less successful after 60+ years, more of a testament of how good the Stratocaster design actually is than anything else.

Anyway, another Strat that I have been lusting over is the select series:
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
Apart perhaps for the bridge, all the other things you mentioned are simply matters of preference over being modern. You say that as if all guitars came with that same feature set these days, which obviously is not true. I also see the fact that they still produce the same guitar and are more or less successful after 60+ years, more of a testament of how good the Stratocaster design actually is than anything else.

To quote the girl that is 'famous for being famous';
THAT'S HOT!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post

I want one too, and I 'grew away' from Strats more than 20 years ago.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:54 AM

Reviews: 13

Not a Strat but I have a Telecaster Select on the way to me which should be here in 2 weeks and I can't wait. Very close toss up between the Tele and the Strat but I haven't got a Tele yet so that was the winner. Would love to pair it with a Strat Select.

-Wolfram
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

ive just bought a fender strat (2000 american series).i dont play shred any more,more into classic rock,eagles journey,70s bands ect ect and fender guitars are the shizz for this kinda stuff.my strat sounds pretty good with a fair bit of distortion considering its only 3 single coils,and the clean tone is to die for,ya cant beat the fender clean tones,what a unbeivable guitar.

Tags
fender , jaguar , jazzmaster , stratocaster , telecaster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode