Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Whose got an RGT-220a?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  metalhead52 
#1 ·
What's the neck like on those, carve wise? Similar to a Wizard, or possibly a bit thicker? I've never played one but love the look of these, and the sound of ash/maple.

#5 ·
Hi. Ten years ago I was about to buy one. I`m very picky in terms of neck shape. So the neck felt exactly the same as Wizard Prestige neck. The neck depth was 18mm on first fret and 20mm on 12th fret. So the neck is the same as on the most of today RG prestige. However it`s not as thin as super Wizards from past (that had 17mm on first and 19mm on 12th fret).

If You played rg2550z You will have the same feelings as on RGT-220.

I personally bit more like chunky necks like Wizard II and old Jem necks (19mm on first and 21mm on 12th fret), so I did not bought that axe.

Cheers

#7 ·
Just picked up a '05 RGT220H and like the neck a lot. To me, the neck feels more like my '93 VWH. It does not feel like the old Ultra that was on my UCEW. The Ultra profile had a wider profile like a D shape. The upper fret access in 2nd to none. The neck thru has a nice carve where the bolt on would be and allows for a much thinner profile under the last frets. It is 58mm at the end of the fret board but really makes no difference. All in all, a very nice feeling neck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.