Why do Jackson fans hate Ibanez? - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 AM

Re: Why do Jackson fans hate Ibanez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
that's sick
Due to MJ's money troubles he has had to buy used vans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 PM

Take your pick Jimmy

Q: Have you heard about Michael Jackson's New Book?
A: It's called, "The In's and Out's of Child Rearing

Q: What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a grocery bag?
A: One is white, made out of plastic, and dangerous for kids to play with and the other you carry your groceries in !!

Q: Why was Michael Jackson spotted at K-Mart?
A: He heard boys' pants were half-off !!

Q: What's brown and in a baby's diaper?
A: Michael Jackson's hand !!

Q: What did the man on the beach say to Michael Jackson?
A: Get out of my sun!!

Q: How can you tell if Michael Jackson has company?
A: There's a big wheel parked outside his house!!

Q: What do Michael Jackson and a Big Mac have in common?
A: They're both 30 year old meat between 10 year old buns!

Q: Why did Michael Jackson place a phone call to Boyz-2-Men??
A: He thought it was a delivery service.

Michael said to Debbie one night, "I fancy someentertainment, what shall we do?". To which Debbie replied " I know we'll get a video".Michael then said " Great, Ill get Aladdin".Debbie said speedily "No Michael, You have beenin trouble for that before"

wakka wakka wakka.
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Q: What do Michael Jackson and a Big Mac have in common?
A: They're both 30 year old meat between 10 year old buns!
That's the worst/best one Cid !!
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 05:31 PM

What do Neil Armstrong and Micheal Jackson have in common?

Neil walked on the moon... Michael Jackson just f**ks little boys! LOL

Doesn't Michael Jackson look like someone flipped him inside out???
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 08:42 PM

What do Wal Mart and Michael Jackson have in common?

They both have little boys underwear halfoff
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELicari View Post
On other forums (non Ibanez) when someone mentions Ibanez there is always a Jackson owner that has something bad to say about em....why is that?
I have not found this to be true at all. I've been on the Jackson/Charvel forum for about 5 years now and have found the members there to be very open minded about Ibanez.

I myself am a fan of both brands. Jackson is my favorite brand of guitar, but my #1 guitar is my Ibanez JEM 7VWH.
post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Hey all,

new to Jemsite.

not new to forums.

i play Jacksons and Charvels and i love them but i also have a Ibanez 540p and a Ernie ball Axis.

i think most people who put down other brands just don't know what they are talking about.
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 AM

I have 4 charvels and 7 ibanez's and i love em all.
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 AM

Reviews: 4

I love them all.
But I think Jackson "fanatics" are jealous because Ibanez really improved some concepts common to both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8rulz View Post
I have 4 charvels and 7 ibanez's and i love em all.
WE WANT PHOTOS!!!
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 12:49 AM

Talking Re: Why do Jackson fans hate Ibanez?

I love Kramer, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez, Fender, Beer, and most of all Girls

Peace and love GD
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:13 AM

I dunno, I thinkt hat brand loyalty is strange. I just don't think there is a reason to limit yourself.

But, I think I'd trae my RG 560 for a jackson soloist (hard tail) right now.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:18 AM
bdk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELicari View Post
On other forums (non Ibanez) when someone mentions Ibanez there is always a Jackson owner that has something bad to say about em....why is that?
Jackson's are the ORIGINAL superstrat, no arguing that. THey mark a historical event in inventing the original shred guitar. Not to mention their ultimate, uber guitar of the 80's and 90s [arguably their peak], was the Jackson Soloist, a guitar with certain features that Ibanez could not match with their peak guitars, for example, neck through bodies with ebony fretboards vs. Ibanez' bolts with rosewood boards, real mother of pearl sharkfin inlays vs. Ibanez's cheaper plastic ones. active electronics vs. passive, etc etc.

In the 80's and 90's Jackson was kind of looked at as a better guitar in certain ways. They were more expensive, and I believe they sold more guitars than Ibanez at that time [not 100% sure]. Not to mention Jackson is an American company and American companies get [imo, a tad] overrated due to patriotism and at times racism and ignorance. "I ain't playin' no jap guitar!!" how many times have you heard that? I won't start a hater thread, but guitars like Fender and Gibson command the highest prices per features ratio. To balance the argument, Carvin's, another US company, haven't commanded as high prices.

I've owned several Jacksons, got two Soloist XL's, owned a dinky reverse xl, soloist archtop pro, spectrum, 750xl, 650 custom etc. I'm a big fan of their Pro line since I love thin flat necks. I love my Ibby's too. But I feel you man. There is definitely an aura of arrogance from Jackson fans, in general, to Ibanez fans, in general. But watch the F out for guys who ONLY play american made strats and gibsons. They'll blow you away with stupidity and ignorance.
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 AM

Has anyone tried a Jackson Stars?

They're the Japanese Jackson factory. Actually, they used to make guitars for Jackson but they eventually split from Jackson and made the same guitars, with few variation and changed the name to Jackson Stars. They hold all the Japanese design copyrights for soloists, Dinkys and so on. They make good guitars IMO. I like them cause they have a lot more fixed bridge choices that are visually appealing as well. That's what i don't like about Ibanez. No cool fixed bridge guitars.

I don't know for sure, but maybe recently they have rejoined Jackson USA as a partner because over here you can order a USA or Japan custom shop guitar through a JAckson Stars dealer. The USA custom Shop is astromical as we all know but he Japan shop is fairly reasonable.

I don't know about all the hating buisness, I just like good guitars I don't care about the brand or the country of manufacturing. I just want it to be made well and not have had some kids in a sweat shop building it.
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned

the top of the range jacksons are ok.but the likes of the dkm2 are rubbish i had one for a week then swapped it for a xbox 360.im only interested in jems
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 09:32 AM

Really, just one type of guitar for you?

I like Ibanez guitars and JEMs are nice but I wouldn't ever decide that only one make and model is a good choice.

To each his own though.

Tags
custom shop , custom shop guitar , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , ernie ball , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , jackson guitars , jackson soloist , les paul , neck thru , pointy headstock , rosewood board , rosewood boards , sharkfin inlays , usa custom shop , warmoth strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode