Why do they still make seven string Korn guitars? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Why do they still make seven string Korn guitars?

????????????????????????????????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:32 AM

Re: Why do they still make seven string Korn guitars?

yeah.

i've seen a total of about 2 of those K7s in like, 2 years of being in this forum and ss.org. never seen one in a store.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:07 AM

For some weird reason every K7 that ever came to Greece is sold. The dealer had an Apex on display for some time but I think this one is sold too. Consider the tiny market for expensive 7 string guitars in Greece and make your conclusions. You can never be sure. Take for exaple the 1527M. Everybody thought that it would sell like hot bread...Still I haven't seen any on display and even Thomann doesn't carry them.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 AM

maybe they are good for the Sirtaki !
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Hell yeah! bouzouki guitars!!!

PS:...but let's keep sirtaki away from my 7!!!!!
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Reviews: 2

So they should make a hundred or so more, ship em to Greece, and then be done with the line? Sounds good to me.

The only remarkable thing about the guitar is the inlay, and I don't even really like the 69.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris_T View Post
Hell yeah! bouzouki guitars!!!

PS:...but let's keep sirtaki away from my 7!!!!!
why not? hahaha kapilidis play kalamatiano in funky version...it's just an ethnic rhythm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaoq4PZA9tM
lol (i got of topic)

anw....korn have a lot of funs out there...ibanez using them to show the brand on stage
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.milko View Post
why not? hahaha kapilidis play kalamatiano in funky version...it's just an ethnic rhythm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaoq4PZA9tM
lol (i got of topic)

anw....korn have a lot of funs out there...ibanez using them to show the brand on stage
George Kollias is better! (his from Greece too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXINemV8E_0

that guy blow my brains

anyways I like the dude you posted his very good.!
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I was asking that question be cause the two Korn guitarist weren't really out of this world or unique players. Name one solo or song that WOW?!

Just saying that they aint worthy of a signature guitar not that they dont solo they just AVERAGE at best.....
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Muffin View Post
So they should make a hundred or so more, ship em to Greece, and then be done with the line? Sounds good to me.

The only remarkable thing about the guitar is the inlay, and I don't even really like the 69.
Sounds good to me too! Especially if the price is right (a new fretboard is cheap )
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.milko View Post
I just hate the sound! Especially baglamas' sound. It's a torture for my ears! Got nothing to do with the rhythm.
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marijuana_kills View Post
I was asking that question be cause the two Korn guitarist weren't really out of this world or unique players. Name one solo or song that WOW?!

Just saying that they aint worthy of a signature guitar not that they dont solo they just AVERAGE at best.....
If you browse through the FAQ or archives you will find that any anti-Korn flamebait is heavily frowned upon at jemsite. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/faq.ph...aq_jemsitefaq2

Without going into the details of their playing or musicality, a quick read through any Ibanez history will show you that the relationship between the band and the brand has been very beneficial to both. Ibanez persued Fieldy (bass) for specific reasons and along the way signed Head and Munky, of which only Munky remains, but with two signatures. (U-bar trem and fixed) The guitarists desperately needed Ibanez to source them 7s, when none were available commercially. They are much more responsible for the fact that 7s got big in the late 90s, than Vai, Petrucci or Schuldiner to name but a few.

I doubt either party is interested in breaking this up, irrespective of the fact that the K7/Apex are rare and rather pricy beasts. Mahogany+Paf7 means they've got a distinctive voice. On top of that, iirc Munky holds the U-bar patent.

Ibanez has been loyal to its signature players as they have been loyal to Ibanez (from Benson to Vai to Noodles to Sco to Munky) that's just in Ibanez' nature.
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:37 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by marijuana_kills View Post

They sold millions of records, they were in music videos, had a big fan base, and were on stage in front of tens of millions of people.
This would be my guess as to why they have signature guitars.
I saw a firespeak blue K7 in the local Sam Ash for a while. It's a gorgeous guitar with the exception of that silly "K7" logo.
What I'd like to know is why amazing guitars get ruined with these lame inlays? LOL! The MTM1 in red is so friggin amazing. Great color, neck-thru, mahogany, special fixed bridge, and... lame inlay. :P
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Sorry to say: aside the funky inlay, the K7 sounds like a tone monster.
mahog+PAF7+LoProEdge = pure win

i really don't care about KoRn, about the band, about the music scene, about Brian Head being Jesus himself, about nothing.
just the quality of the guitar.

They are kinda pricey, but
I'd buy any K7 over any 1527 any day of the week...
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Yeah.. I like the looks of it and color and hardware, but that huge seven inlay makes me not want it. If it just had the number 7 I wouldn't mind.. but SEVEN!!! lol

Tags
korn on the kob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode