Why do usa model ibanez have different headstocks? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
Why do usa model ibanez have different headstocks?

Never understood this one. Anyone have any ideas? Rich?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Re: Why do usa model ibanez have different headstocks?

no clue at all
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Reviews: 120

Why does any guitar company have different headstocks for different models? Because they can! They think some designs suit some models and that they'll appeal to buyers.
LonePhantom is online  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Why does any guitar company have different headstocks for different models? Because they can! They think some designs suit some models and that they'll appeal to buyers.

Well its just a slight difference, the headstock is the same "shape", it just has different angles on it. More work for not much of a visual difference haha. Maybe it was simply to provide more "separation" from the other models?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 PM

What models are you specifically talking about? Is it the angle of the headstock, not the shape you're talking about?
LonePhantom is online  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
What models are you specifically talking about? Is it the angle of the headstock, not the shape you're talking about?

I'll see if I can find a pic to show you what I mean, its kinda odd. I didn't notice ever until I saw one in person the other day. edit: talking about the USRG's not the painted usa customs

edit: its a subtle difference to be honest. Kind of like how the j customs have a different heel then a prestige. I just want it to make sense in my head is all haha. USRG's have some weird stuff going on already, so it doesn't surprise me.

edit 2 : found a crappy, low res pic that kinda shows what I mean. Look at the angle on the tip of the headstock.

Last edited by linuxpenguin; 04-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Probably because they were made in the US by different builders than the Japanese stuff. Probably also stopped people from trying to pass of regular Ibanez as USA Customs just by changing logos perhaps?
LonePhantom is online  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM

Models are different to ensure buyers feel they have a different product. I have a recent example. I was playing with a group of people the other day and was using a 550, long story short a dude insisted that his "prestige" was clearly of higher quality because after all "it is a prestige"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 PM

It's because they were made by Bunker Guitars. Keep in mind that the headstock is a completely separate piece on a USGR.

I think American Masters also have a slightly off headstock shape.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

There have been lots of different incarnations of the "goose beak" headstock over the years from the old RR400 and DT400s, the Prolines to the EX series in the 90s. i put it down to it just being "the next one"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode