Why do we use Ibanez? - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 AM

Re: Why do we use Ibanez?

Sorry......... I meant "Fender Strat's"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 AM

but without the fender where would super strats be? super strats bieng a broad term for ibanex, jackson and alike .
post #33 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezial
but without the fender where would super strats be? super strats bieng a broad term for ibanex, jackson and alike .
Hahah, you have a Point there.........
post #34 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 08:26 AM

Talking Re: Why do we use Ibanez?

We use Ibanez because we want to follow our idols like Vai, Satch, Timmons or Gilbert..... especially me. I dont know about you guys??? Holding my JEM guitar, I would pose infront of the mirror giving me a smile and that "Vai" look. Immediately I fell in love with me. I almost kissed myself on the miror......

Last edited by TongueShredder; 06-23-2006 at 08:42 AM.
post #35 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder
We use Ibanez because we want to follow our idols like Vai, Satch, Timmons or Gilbert..... especially me. I dont know about you guys??? Holding my JEM guitar, I would pose infront of the mirror giving me a smile and that "Vai" look. Immediately I fell in love with me. I almost kissed myself on the miror......
With an Ibanez more than any other guitar, I really think you have to look the part to play it.

Me likey the necks.

Last edited by Tom Gilroy; 06-23-2006 at 05:20 PM.
post #36 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 10:10 AM

Love her body, love her neck, and she makes the sweetest noises when I finger her.
post #37 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 12:42 PM
DV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk420
Love her body, love her neck, and she makes the sweetest noises when I finger her.
.....LOL
post #38 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 01:51 PM

i played my first ibanez back in 1990. i had been playing for about a year and was ready to move up to the next step guitar-wise. i had a hm strat (which was a nice little guitar), but wanted a really nice guitar. i had to travel a ways to get to a decent music store cause of where i was going to college, but it was worth it cause they had a good selection of guitars i had never played before. there were several charvels and ibanezes that caught my eye. it became obvious soon enough that the ibanez rg565 was the best guitar out of the bunch, it was just super easy to play and the pickups just sounded better. but the rg565 was $100 more than the charvel and would've put me over budget, so i reluctantly settled for the charvel. i was still pretty happy, after all i did get a new guitar. but once i got home, i became more and more unsatisfied with the charvel and my mind kept going back to the rg565. the next day, i called the music store and begged them to take back the charvel. of course they didn't take it back for the original price, but i couldn't stand keeping it for even one more day. i begged my parents for the extra money and zipped back out there to bring home the rg565 the next day. it was definitely the right choice.

throughout my years, i've continued to play a lot of different guitars. i did eventually move away from ibanez for about 4 years and played a gibson les paul (during my zakk wylde phase). it was a great guitar and i still have it. but it definitely wasn't versatile enough when i began to grow as a player. i realized i needed a superstrat for the style i wanted to play in. i tried a lot of guitars out at that time and eventually fell back in with ibanez. back in the mid 90s, they had such a wide and diverse offerings that no matter what your style was, there was an answer. quality was also top notch as most of the line was being made in the fujigen plant. but it seems like they went through a dark period in the late 90s/early 00s where the selection went all to hell. good thing is, it looks like they are making a turnaround as they have a lot of different options again.
post #39 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:58 PM

I use Ibanez, and Esp There both Really nice IMO.
post #40 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:20 PM

We use Ibanez for a simple reason.....because they are perfect

BLAKK:JAKK
post #41 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy
With an Ibanex more than any other guitar, I really think you have to look the part to play it.
Well.......I guess I better sell all mine then. Anybody looking for some Jems

Seriously, I DIDN'T buy and don't play my Jem because Mr. Vai is my idol (which he is) I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't attracted to the Jem in the first place because of him, but I play them because they are the best playing guitars I've ever touched and they do everything I need a guitar to do

Which up until I got my 1st Jem, no guitar I had prior did so.

BTW - Is Ibanex to Ibanez what Squires are to strats and LTD's are to ESP's Tommy??
post #42 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Inactive Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
I got my Kramer Stagemaster back in '89 and will NEVER sell her,but she's kind of semi retired since i got my jem
You should put a pic of your jem up... Unless you already have.. I mean.. WOW.. Jem..

Jem = LOVE!

~ Katrina
post #43 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777

Seriously, I DIDN'T buy and don't play my Jem because Mr. Vai is my idol (which he is) I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't attracted to the Jem in the first place because of him, but I play them because they are the best playing guitars I've ever touched and they do everything I need a guitar to do

BTW - Is Ibanex to Ibanez what Squires are to strats and LTD's are to ESP's Tommy??
my thought exactly!

aren't those ibanex'es evilbay fakes?
post #44 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina
You should put a pic of your jem up... Unless you already have.. I mean.. WOW.. Jem..

Jem = LOVE!

~ Katrina

Lol this place is litteraly flooded with pics of jems...

hence the name JEMsite

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery.htm have you looked there yet?

if you haven't i suggest you check it out.. its got tons of jem pics

and welcome to the forum!
post #45 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777

Typo Jimmy, z is right next to x. You look the part in a weird way, but I couldn't imagine, say Allan Holdsworth with a Jem, or Slash. Some work, some don't.

Tags
allan holdsworth , body shape , edge bridge , edge trem , eric johnson , fender strat , gibson les paul , guitar body , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , music store , neck joint , playing guitar , prestige necks , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , steve vai , strat style , super strat , wizard neck profile , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode