Why do we use Ibanez? - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:17 AM

Re: Why do we use Ibanez?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore
Why do we use Ibanez?
Hey it's good enough for this guy.

That's cute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:19 AM

well, part of me getting an ibanez is that katrina's RG120 (a hundred some dollar guitar?) plays better then my jackson (nearly 500 dollar guitar), neck profile, neck joint etc. oh yeah, and the aanj drags me even closer. don't know what i'm going to do without it once i get my universe (or jem). and overall, the lowest action and quality i never thought was possible on and instrument.

p.s. Yay! my hundredth post!
post #78 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

yep ibanez guitars usually plays better than most brands... the setup is not perfect but is way better than most brands (more knowned).
JJ
post #79 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 03:19 AM

i would have to point out here i have bought about 10 different strats in my time ranging from squiers (older ones) to top line strats and each one was set up pretty close to perfect, i have bought 3 ibanez and the rg2550 was good , the j custom was good and the jem was shocking, could not get a low action without shimming the neck. not knocking ibanez but when i see it said that ibanez play better than most brands i have to dissagree as i am forever seeing people say that it needs a set up and things like that .
ibanez are good guitars yet so are many others and a lot of others need a lot less tweaking to make them so

nuff said
post #80 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 PM

This thread brings to mind a movie that came out in 1998 called "The Red Violin" with Samuel L. Jackson. Anyone seen that movie?

Plot Outline: A red and perfect violin inspires passion, making its way through three centuries over several owners and countries, eventually ending up at an auction where it may find a new owner...

Some Ibanez Guitars out there are like this to me not because of the money, but the history, feel of them, sound, etc...that's an opinion of course. Good movie at least.

Paul
post #81 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Vendor

That the red came from his dead wifes blood, reminds me more of a DNA
post #82 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:15 PM

EXACTLY!!!! I never thought of that.

Paul
post #83 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 PM

Let's not ~curse~ Pia here gents
post #84 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM

Neck, Bridge , Curves , looks , pure playability. I can't play any other guitars.

Of course I'm talking bout 87' - early 90 models, when they had sick bridges, awsome necks and of course colours. IMO tho...
post #85 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

cool... the finish with some blood on it !!!
cool stuff.
JJ
post #86 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-01-2006, 08:46 PM

AANJ! I looove it.
Also, thin neck, body, head, bridge's, overall look, playability.
post #87 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 03:48 PM

I play Ibanez because Im used to play Ibanez, everything ells just feels wrong.
Getting an Ibanez in my hands feels like home.

I dont believe that Ibanez makes the best guitars in the world but neither does anyone ells.
Many brands do great guitars, depending on your needs, but are just as good with the bonus of feeling like home. I know how to get what I want out of them.

And they do have the best tremolos in the world and the, in my eyes, most beautiful shape (RG).

I think the reason to what most of us play is all down to what or heros played when we started out. We tend to get similar things, and then we get use to that, and man dont like to break his habits

/Magnus
post #88 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-02-2006, 04:41 PM

They play & sound Great

Come on! IBANEZ is a top Guitar & this brand has been up there with the so called best of them for many years & all the top players luv the way the guitars feel,

I don't just play Ibanez but the feel of there guitars is hard to be with out & I'm sure some would agree with me on this, there easy to play
post #89 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

this post was not only to know why do you all play and like ibanez, it was for a reason.
A local store has a magazine which post the new stuff on the store, cool news, song transcriptions for guitar, bass, keyboard and drums, some nice tips columns and many on sale instruments... i dont know if the web page can be post it, but if i can i´ll post it in the future (its a local store).
anyway they are writing a column where they give the news that they´re the only dealers in my country... that´s right in the whole country and post some of the local and foreing artist that use the ibz brand, so i was asked to be part of this column so i have to send them a short essay and a pic with the guitar that i use. i´ll be posting soon what i wrote to the magazine...
i´m speechless... i just love what you wrote, every body.
JJ
post #90 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

im sorry for the double post
JJ

Last edited by Ironjose; 07-03-2006 at 01:48 AM. Reason: double post

Tags
allan holdsworth , body shape , edge bridge , edge trem , eric johnson , fender strat , gibson les paul , guitar body , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , les paul , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , music store , neck joint , playing guitar , prestige necks , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , steve vai , strat style , super strat , wizard neck profile , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode