Why does Jackson players hate Ibanez so much? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Why does Jackson players hate Ibanez so much?

I was over at the Jackson/Charvel forum and man....alot of Ibanez haters over there. Is there some kinda feud between the two companies or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 AM

Re: Why does Jackson players hate Ibanez so much?

People only hate things they know are better or are fearful of! Most of those fools are 14 yr old morons,dont sweat it. Jacksons are awesome,i've had many,Ibanez's i just like a little bit more. Just my opinion,i have no time for pimply little twits.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
People only hate things they know are better or are fearful of! Most of those fools are 14 yr old morons,dont sweat it. Jacksons are awesome,i've had many,Ibanez's i just like a little bit more. Just my opinion,i have no time for pimply little twits.
Yeah they are annoying over there!! *lol* Jackson`s are pretty good but i`ll take Ibanez everytime.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELicari View Post
I was over at the Jackson/Charvel forum and man....alot of Ibanez haters over there. Is there some kinda feud between the two companies or something?
Yeah I've seen a thread of Kramer vs Ibanez, I didin't even think there would be contest because Kramer makes like 4 guitars but there was some serious Ibanez bashing, most by (of course) Gibson fans.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 AM

It is what it is!! lol I like Ibanez guitars I like Jackson guitars I like any nice guitars I even like some crappy guitars.MOst people who play just like guitars whats on the headstock dont really matter. JAM ON
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpraider69 View Post
It is what it is!! lol I like Ibanez guitars I like Jackson guitars I like any nice guitars I even like some crappy guitars.MOst people who play just like guitars whats on the headstock dont really matter. JAM ON
Same here. I have Ibbys, Fenders, a Peavey, a Yamaha, a Dean, even a Jay Turser. I love them all - as long as they don't have Gibson on them lol I find them overpriced and unreliable - the only guitars I've ever had where the necks broke.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 AM

It's like chevy vs ford bickering..... waste of time.....lame......who gives a $hit.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:56 AM

its the same thing with car drivers,vw vs opel. toyota vs honda.....pffff childisch.
fender vs gibson ibz vs jackson. the list can go on.... whats the problem?i have gibson fender ibz charvel ect.they all are good but different...some one like strawberries and the other raspberry, pizza spagetti.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Banned

the only guitars i hate are epiphone.it really annoys me when people say they are great guitars.epiphone=cheap rubbish
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
the only guitars i hate are epiphone.it really annoys me when people say they are great guitars.epiphone=cheap rubbish
It really depends on the individual guitars. Older Epis are pretty nice, and they are decent beginner/intermediate guitars. Obviously they arent going to be as good as a high end guitar, but some Epis (Ultra's, etc) are as good as lower end Gibsons.

I think alot of the Jackson players who hate Ibanez do so because they just got a Jackson and have never played an Ibanez, so they just say they suck because they're arrogant and jump on the bandwagon of other Jackson players who hate Ibanez.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
i had a...maybe 2005 model Epiphone G400 once, it played great, excellent guitar.
i would still have been a steal if paid twice the amount for it.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teokiatuan View Post
i had a...maybe 2005 model Epiphone G400 once, it played great, excellent guitar.
i would still have been a steal if paid twice the amount for it.
well i supose each to there own,but the ones ive played were hideous.i only play jems now and wouldnt even consider another guitar,that said i love jon sykes sig les paul but its very very expensive.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

It's just the group psychology part of human nature taking over. People always want to exist in groups, and nothing brigns folks together like a common enemy, in this case another brand of guitars. You see in on all sorts of forums, though, Mitsubishi vs Subaru, Manchester Utd vs Chelsea whatever

A lot of Ibanez guys can't stand Epiphones, or Gibsons or ESPs or LTDs or whatever and almost persecute the owners, rather than the "live and let live" attitude that folks should have.
jono is online  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Reviews: 3

I used to be a Jackson only head back in the 80's. I made the switch to Ibby and haven't looked back. I do still own a 1990 USA Fusion that is my main player. But I also have 5 Ibbys that get just as much play.

I'm always defending Ibby over there. LOL

If you like the way a guitar plays, doesn't matter the make.

I'll even sit down and belt out Zep on my 3 yr. olds Toy R Us acoustic for an hour
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
It's just the group psychology part of human nature taking over. People always want to exist in groups, and nothing brigns folks together like a common enemy, in this case another brand of guitars. You see in on all sorts of forums, though, Mitsubishi vs Subaru, Manchester Utd vs Chelsea whatever

A lot of Ibanez guys can't stand Epiphones, or Gibsons or ESPs or LTDs or whatever and almost persecute the owners, rather than the "live and let live" attitude that folks should have.
Well said.

Tags
jackson vs. ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode