Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  robcarcon 
#1 ·
Does anyone know?

I guess they are so mass produced that it's not practical, but I would love an RG with a birdseye maple fretboard.

#2 ·
From what I've heard (including Melvin His****'s "Build your own Electric guitar"), it's basically because it's hard to accurately judge the grain on birdseye, so it's tricky to get a piece that you know will be up to the job.

That said, I'm pretty sure I've seen Wolfgangs with birdseye fretboards.

#5 ·
vai n maiden said:
Errr, because it's ugly? :lol:
Lol, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I love the look of a birdseye maple fretboard. Mabye you are in the majority though.

And, by the way, no offense but I said, "Ibanez" guitars. I know that other manufacturers use birdseye; like the Wolfgangs and custom company's like Zion, Warmoth, many others----but I can't recall ever seeing an RG for instance with a birdseye maple fretboard.

#9 ·
Hang around here for a while and you'll likely get the idea that as much as we like Ibanez guitars we tend to get rather frustrated with the things that they do/don't do as a company. A custom shop in which you could get your figured maple fretboard, for example.

If you really want an Ibanez so equipped, check out the link to LGM guitars above. If he can't do it, no one can. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.