Why don't Ibanez buiiiiiild........ - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Why don't Ibanez buiiiiiild........

......a high end twin humbucker model with a fixed bridge, ala, USRG10??

I've got one of the above and get people asking if i'll sell it cos they don't make anything equivalent?! Seems so simple and it can't be expensive, surely?!

The RG321 is just a bit insulting even though it's supposed to be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 08:49 PM

Re: Why don't Ibanez buiiiiiild........

pgm??
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:09 PM

there are a few with the fixed edge bridge now too
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 PM

RGA!!!
jesus
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguser
RGA!!!
jesus
RGA/Jesus... is that like a signature model
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM

THE ALL NEW MODEL TO IBANEZ 2006. the JCM( jesus christ model)
that would be great

head could sponcer it
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer
RGA/Jesus... is that like a signature model
but really i cant believ i forgot about the rga
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardevil2005
THE ALL NEW MODEL TO IBANEZ 2006. the JCM( jesus christ model)
that would be great

head could sponcer it
did you see the fret board inlay on that thing?
Oh, man!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I was going to post about the RGAs earlier as I was the first to see this post but my bloody computer locked up on me. But, check them out

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGA121
http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RGA321F

They are Prestige Instruments and as such will cost you a little money because they are VERY nice guitars. I believe the 121 goes brand new in the states for $900 and the 321 goes for $1300. Even though I can't afford them and use RG321's, I can't complain about the cost because they are worth every penny. I've been watching 'evilbay' for one to pop up since they've been out for about a year now but I can't seem to find one which tells me that people must love the things because they aren't re-selling them.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 PM

The RGA doesn't really fit the criteria. It doesn't have the traditional RG body shape, and it's bridge is a stop tailpiece. What we're talking about something that has the traditional RG shape, and strung through the body hardtail bridge. By hardtail, I mean a Gotoh bridge like what's on the USRG10 and hardtail PGM's.

I guess Ibanez just doesn't think they can sell a Prestige level hardtail. Here's what I'd like to see; an RG551. Just a hardtail version of the classic. Have 3 models. The RG521 (Rosewood board w/ 2 humbuckers), RG551 (Maple fingerboard, 2-1-2 in pickguard), and RG571 (Rosewood fingerboard, 2-1-2) Have them available in Natural, Black, White, and some classic colors like Roadflare Red, Desert Sun Yellow, and maybe Laser Blue. Oh, and direct mount pickups on the 521, and 571. NO PICKUP RINGS. I gurantee you Ibanez could build these guitars cheaper than the RGA, and would sell at least twice as many. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath. --Jason
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:51 PM

i want that violin flAT 121
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs
The RGA doesn't really fit the criteria. It doesn't have the traditional RG body shape, and it's bridge is a stop tailpiece. What we're talking about something that has the traditional RG shape, and strung through the body hardtail bridge. By hardtail, I mean a Gotoh bridge like what's on the USRG10 and hardtail PGM's.

I guess Ibanez just doesn't think they can sell a Prestige level hardtail. Here's what I'd like to see; an RG551. Just a hardtail version of the classic. Have 3 models. The RG521 (Rosewood board w/ 2 humbuckers), RG551 (Maple fingerboard, 2-1-2 in pickguard), and RG571 (Rosewood fingerboard, 2-1-2) Have them available in Natural, Black, White, and some classic colors like Roadflare Red, Desert Sun Yellow, and maybe Laser Blue. Oh, and direct mount pickups on the 521, and 571. NO PICKUP RINGS. I gurantee you Ibanez could build these guitars cheaper than the RGA, and would sell at least twice as many. Maybe someday, but I'm not holding my breath. --Jason
That sounds good in theory but Ibanez would never go for it. From a business standpoint, it costs a LOT of money to come up with new models like that and then producing them means producing less of other models. But the biggest problem with doing this is that it would cut into the market share of other Ibanez models. Everyone knows that the RG series is the "shred" guitar series and what's a good shred guitar without a trem? If they started making more and more fixed bridge guitars then they'd cut into the market share of various other fixed bridge Ibanez models which suit other styles of playing. Besides, Ibanez is selling RG321s like CRAAAAZY. Hell, I sold one last week at a guitar store AND I DON'T EVEN WORK THERE!!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyconxero
Besides, Ibanez is selling RG321s like CRAAAAZY. Hell, I sold one last week at a guitar store AND I DON'T EVEN WORK THERE!!
haha, ive done that before
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:32 PM

i've got an rga too and while they are fantastic, the string spacing is wider that typical rg spacing due to the gibraltar bridge. takes a little getting used to imo.

i have also wanted exactly what blackspaven is asking for. i guess it would be nice if ibanez had a good mid-level rg with a fixed bridge instead of just the lower end model (rg321, which is still a solid guitar) and higher end models (rga's). although i agree with lyconxero, the rga's are selling extremely well, so there may not really be a need.

before the rga models came out, i would just get on e-bay and find an rt450 or rt650. they are not true hardtails, but it's easy to convert the standard trem to hardtail status. those guitars are very high quality and can be found super cheap nowadays.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkahrs

Id get a 551 in a heartbet...

But oh well... :/

btw, they had a 571, or 1571, i dunno, white, japan only... pretty nice but i think i remember it had mounting rings...

Tags
body shape , candy apple red , direct mount pickups , edge bridge , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fixed bridge guitars , fixed bridge ibanez , flame maple , floyd rose , fret board , hardtail bridge , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , maple fingerboard , mount pickups , paul gilbert , pickup ring , pickup rings , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , tremolo system , vintage style trem , volume knobs , walnut neck , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode