Why is everyone so down on Edge Pro IIs? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Why is everyone so down on Edge Pro IIs?

I dont understand why everyone disses Edge Pros in general.. I just got my first guitar with a EPII, not even a Edge Pro, and its amazing! better than all my RG5xx's with Lopros/Originals.. Its just so much smoother in transitions, and so far ive had no tuning problems with it at all.

Makes me wonder why I just bought a Edge LoPro 7s, maybe I should try to trade it for a EP7 for my custom guitar..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Dee

Re: Why is everyone so down on Edge Pro IIs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
better than all my RG5xx's with Lopros/Originals..
No comment.

Whatever lights yer candle, Nick.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 10:58 PM

First, not everyone disses the Edge Pro. Many of us think the Edge Pro is a darn nice trem, thank you very much. There just happens to be a very vocal group of folks with a strong preference for the earlier models for a variety of reasons.

As for your comparison of the EPII to the LoPro/Edge, I will simply second Dee's comments. Perhaps it's time you had your 5xx's set up right...

As long as YOU like them ...
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM

I have to agree with ryanb and Dee, but whatever floats your boat
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

I think its just like the tube amp people.. Its the gear snobs who just think one thing is so much better than the other. Tube amps are not any better than a good SS amp, and Edge Lopros are not any better than Edge Pros. But of course, theres people who will always say this is better than that because they think the setup they have is the ONLY one others should have..

And I didnt say the EPII was better than a Lopro, I said its smoother. I know just like anyone that the EPII is made of inferior material and it will probably crack soon, but im pretty sure a Edge Pro is great.

Nice way to take my words out of context, just shows how biased you are.

Last edited by NickCormier; 05-04-2007 at 01:00 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Dee

Me... a gear snob? That's hilarious... I have a V-Amp Pro and two guitars. One is broken.

"Better" is just subjective anyway. As I said, whatever lights your candle.

Last edited by Dee; 05-04-2007 at 12:00 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
I think its just like the tube amp people.. Its the gear snobs who just think one thing is so much better than the other. Tube amps are not any better than a good SS amp, and Edge Lopros are not any better than Edge Pros. But of course, theres people who will always say this is better than that because they think the setup they have is the ONLY one others should have..
one thing thats SS can not be compare with a nice tube amp is the harmonics. I can easily use a tube amp at decent level to bring in feedbacks and fade it to harmonic, (emulate how the sustainer system works)..SS is way harder, its possible but tend to rely on luck

Back to the topic
Its all personally perferences, i've played the old trems and new trems, they just have a different feel, similar to string gauge, soem like 9s, some like 10s..EP & EPII are both pretty nice, no compliants, stay in tune pretty good for me..
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM

I think it's not bad, every trem just needs a good setup
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
I think its just like the tube amp people.. Its the gear snobs who just think one thing is so much better than the other. Tube amps are not any better than a good SS amp.
Steady on old boy!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 04:43 AM

I think Edge Pros got a bad rap because one, they came without locking studs, and two some had thick knife edges that needed to be filed. They're a great trem if set up proper.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Dee

I agree, the EP is great, but not the greatest. I have nothing against the trem. What I find odd is how Nick can say the Edge Pro II is better than the Edge and Lo-Pro Edge. To me that's bizarre, but if it suits him, that's fine. He's probably the only person in the world who thinks this way but whatever.

Quote:
*I dont understand why everyone disses Edge Pros in general.
*I just got my first guitar with a EPII, not even a Edge Pro, and its amazing! better than all my RG5xx's with Lopros/Originals.
*Its just so much smoother in transitions, and so far ive had no tuning problems with it at all.
*Not everyone disses the EP.
*That's the bit I find odd.
*Let's hope you can say the same thing in a few years time. I have 20 year old Edge that's still working fine except for a cracked stud which causes a few tuning problems.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
First, not everyone disses the Edge Pro. Many of us think the Edge Pro is a darn nice trem.

As for your comparison of the EPII to the LoPro/Edge, it's time you had your 5xx's set up right...
+10000.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
What I find odd is how Nick can say the Edge Pro II is better than the Edge and Lo-Pro Edge. To me that's bizarre...
bizarre to say the least. the man just needs his Edge/Lo-Pro'ed guitars to be setup.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 07:13 AM

I agree ! I've come to find that my Edge has got to be the smoothest trem to set up, and very reliable. Same goes for the Lo-Pro too.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
I think you're nuts, or deceiving yourself.

Tags
custom guitar , edge pros , locking stud , locking studs , pro edge , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode