Why have Ibanez discontinued the RG7620 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Why have Ibanez discontinued the RG7620

Why have Ibanez discontinued the RG7620.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

I have just joined jemsite. i have noticed that the RG7620 has been discontinued. I have a RG7420 the only thing i dont like is id like to have these things
1. Dimarzio pickups
2. Power Cosmo hardware
3. Lo-Pro Edge Tremolo
..........has anyone noticed that all these applie to the RG7620. I like the 7620 and now ive noticed you either buy a RG7420=£499 or a Universe=£1499. were as you could buy a medium priced guitar, now you have to either buy a cheap (well...for a 7-string) or a high priced Universe which alot of 14 year olds like me cant afford

someone tell me why its gone!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 03:12 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
i cannot speak for ibanez, but usually they stop selling products that don't sell well. the low-end 7 market effected the RG7620... all the low-end stuff from other companies made the superior 7620 a marketplace casualty... glen

ps - moving to correct forum area.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

The problem with other guitar makes that make 7-strings are that i think that they're just cheap copys of the amazing Ibanez 7s. The only other guitar ive considerd is a Schecter 7-string. But when i get more money its going to be a Ibanez all the time!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 04:09 PM

get one from europe
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 05:05 PM

It's not discontinued, it's just not imported to the US anymore.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 04:17 AM

The guitar is still available in europe and asia, but was discontinued in the US when the whole 7string craze turned on itsself. Your best bet to be honest is to buy second hand, there are plenty of 7620's out there being sold, and if you were saving the money you could probably pick up one of the older universes (uv7bk) for cheap as well if you don't mind a few nicks and dents. THe second hand market is a good place to look if you're short on cash

James
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

I had actually considerd the UV7BK, the prob is that=

1. NOone likes it when i showed them pictures.
2. EVERYone said that id be mad to get it even if if was cheap and customizable.
3. Im a yr9 and im getting alot of hassle from yr8s and 9s saying only (can i say this!) W**kers play them........i just reply with
'It must be humilliating that a w**ker can play better guitar then you! '

I am from England, but shops that i go to (include GAK and Nevada) have stopped ordering them. 2nd hand is a good idea.......but i just prefer 1st hand for some strange reason
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 12:30 PM

As far as the UV7BK goes:

1)I don't give a monkeys if people think I have weird tastes. They're the ones with bad taste
2)The UV7BK is nice to play, honestly, and I like green. Nicer neck than the RG's in my opinion
3)You won't want to customize it apart from maybe changing pickups etc, but they are balzeII's and sound cool
4)W*****s play the guitars that people tell them to play, you like it, you buy it, you play it. Seriously , blow their socks of and then be done with it
5)Kids are idiots. Unless everyone else has one it's not cool. This is the wrong Idea, play what youn want not what's cool

Second hand always seems a bit icky, but to be honest I got a better guitar for less than buying new.

Second hand is the only way you'll find them though, but they is worth it

And I am from England as well, and I couldn't give a toss wether people think I look cool with my guitar collection or not
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

thanks. I couldn't give a dam either to be honest. The kid who said that w*****s play 7s I recently challenged him! I told him to bring his guitar (a stagg strat and a fender mexico strat) and said i could show him how to PLAY guitar! After he just questioned 'whats the point in the 7th string'...........ive just printed of Steve Vai's 'Animal' guitar tab.......THATS why!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

By the way, you can close this discussion
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

You can close this thread
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 07:08 PM

chud, if you've still got the address fo that tab, i'd love a look at it, cool riff... i probably ought to just try to transcribe it, but haven't had time lately...

-Drew

PS- You're not cool if you have what everyone else has. You're cool if you have what everyone else DOESN'T have. Get it right.
Closed Thread

Tags
cosmo hardware , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge trem , guitar collection , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode