Why sell a good guitar? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Why sell a good guitar?

A lot of higher priced guitars will have mostly 4-5/5 star reviews about how fast the neck feels, great craftsmanship, paint, tone, wood, etc. Although there are negative reviews from a few; not sure if they are just picky, or tried a defective model.

But my main question is really about a specific guitar, A7X's Synyster Gates custom. A lot of fans, including myself, will get the guitar because they love him as a guitarist, the design and paintjob, and set neck/ all mahagony wood body. So once a person has a guitar like this, why would they sell it? There's always several postings selling it for around $650-750.

Now most of the reviews about the guitar will say that it has a great Floyd Rose system and can do divebombs for hours without it going out of tune, but then there are a few people saying it goes out of tune after 1 pull. I don't understand why? Also, they'll say it has a lot of feedback. =/ ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Re: Why sell a good guitar?

All your questions can be explained by the diversity of human beings and their preferences. People are fickle, and they like different things at different times.

Ever wonder why the vast majority of web reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive? My theory is that even if they are all legitimate (and there have been several examples of companies paying for good reviews or posting fake ones), people are just happy to own a new product. In the case of something as personal as a musical instrument, their own self-worth is even more connected to the inanimate thing they've just purchased.

Oh, and keep context in mind: who are these reviewers, how long have they been playing, how many guitars have they held in their hands? I'd trust more experienced opinions more than novice ones, keeping in mind that even the experts will disagree (because they're human, and fickle).

There are an infinite number of reasons why individual people might sell desirable things. The simplest one is that while they might be huge Gates fans, they need the money.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:37 PM

I just noticed elcid replied to another one of your threads with the exact same topic. Pick one best place for your topic and keep it there, please.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM

Reviews: 1

Yeah, what does this have to do specifically with Ibanez guitars?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about the double post, I'll keep to your advice Hikey Mikey, and thanks for the informative reply.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy View Post
Yeah, what does this have to do specifically with Ibanez guitars?
Exactly, thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
syn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode