Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Petie 
#1 ·
Hey has anyone put DiMarzios in there RG's? Reason is I just got a tone zone 7 for the bridge and an Air norton for the neck. I was really hoping that the wiring would be the same and I would just replace one with the other..... It's doesn't appear that way with the bridge, I think the green wire is the extra one on the DiMarzio,, stock doesn't have one. I think it's suppose to go to ground on the volume pot. Anyway,,, I've search a few wiring diagrams, and have sort of come up with a solution. Yet I am curious if anyone here has stumbled across any cool wiring that they would be willing to share.

And also I'm sort of a logical sort of person. Gotta understand what does what. I'm slightly retarded when it comes to wiring. I think if I understood better what the different colors meant I might better understand wiring. You know? Like hooking up affect pedals you can see and here what it is you are doing. X= Y=J makes sense when you can see where an axis is going and so on.... yet electonics hum... is there a secret understanding out there that anyone would be willing to share? :lol:
~A

#4 ·
Yeah, me :wink:

The following list assumes you had V pickups in your axe before. (There are yet another wire colors for INF / AH / PSND etc. pickups, afaik)

Also, I've only tested it with bridge pickups so far. Don't know if you have to reverse anything on the neck pickup; that should depend on whether you have a middle single coil or not.

IBZ Red -> Dimarzio Red
IBZ White -> Dimarzio Black+White
IBZ Bare -> Dimarzio Green+Bare.

#5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the advice! I ended using the wire diagram that Rich suggested from the Ibanez website for the 7620. What caused the confusion for me was is that the Ibanez 1527 isn't wired the same as the the 7620 and the DiMarzio site showed the wire dia. with use of their multi pole 5 way toggle.

The Stock pickups in the 1527 in the bridge position only had a red, white and ground. So you can imagine the tweakin that came with that scenario. :wink: Adding bait to the tweaker hook,,, the neck pickup then had all the same colors as the Dimarzio red,white, black, green and ground. I followed the set up on the Ibanez site and everything works great!

Thanks again for the help!

~A

#6 ·
Allen Garrow said:
Hey guys thanks for the advice! I ended using the wire diagram that Rich suggested from the Ibanez website for the 7620. What caused the confusion for me was is that the Ibanez 1527 isn't wired the same as the the 7620 and the DiMarzio site showed the wire dia. with use of their multi pole 5 way toggle.
Yeah, that's cos the 7620 has Dimarzio pickups while the 1527 has Ibanez ones. When I replaced my 7420's Ibanez pickups with Dimarzios I disregarded the diagram for my guitar and used the one for the 7620 instead. Everything worked perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.