Wish list: custom Parker guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Wish list: custom Parker guitar

I think when the time comes to have a custom built instrument it'll be from Parker. It'll have HSH pickups, most likely some high output ones. It'll also have a coil tap and switching that'll give me as many tones as possible while still remaing simple and intuitive; likely a five way with some push pulls or toggles. As far as wood it'll be swamp ash with a flamed koa top. Anyone have any suggestions? Any Parker fans here on jemsite? I think they're expensive but to have a custom piece built by them would definetly be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 AM

Re: Wish list: custom Parker guitar

Paker do nothing for me, get a custom shop ESP or BC Rich, Jackson. . .
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Meh, too metal. I'm looking for a guitar that will serve all my needs. Also as funny as the body may be, it's really very comfortable.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:29 PM

I'd get a cheaper one first, make sure you like them.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 01:47 PM

Talking Re: Wish list: custom Parker guitar

I had a fly in 2001. Had to sell it though, needed the money. I'm afraid that if I get one again, my Ibanez's might remain unplayed

Awesome guitars. Especially the ones with HSH and the piezo pup.

Regards,

JP
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I love those guitars. I spent about 3 hours in a music store playing one once. They're great instruments and have an uncanny resonance to them. Really quite amazing. Hence the conclusion that a custom made one would be even better. I'm just not sure what to get for pickups. No doubt something with high output and adequate versatility. Probably good dimarzios or seymour duncans. Not that I exactly have the money for one at the moment.....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 03:56 PM

DiMarzio supposedly will sell Parker versions of all their pickups, but you need to order them specifically. I believe Duncan will do the same, for custom pickup money. I think there's only two regular Duncans you can get for Parkers; the JB and either the Jazz or '59. All others are custom order.
My understanding from the Parker forum is that there really isn't mountains of difference in the sound between the various models, so I don't know if going all that way foir a custom model is wise, really. Nice to have, but I don't know if it's reallt that much more versatile than a cheaper one. Also, some of the resonance is coming from the fact that the regular models are wrapped in carbon fibre; is that what you want for your swamp ash/koa version?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

yeah, the top is still visible. I just think that I'd prefer to have it made my way for that much money. Like have a midi pickup added to the mix and have HSH pickups rather than the standard HH config.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:40 AM

Id love if they made the Flies with a thicker neck. Top notch instruments with great features, but my hands didnt like the super thin neck. Also, the painted neck coupled with the super light body almost made me feel like my frettin ghand would move the guitar around when shifting around the neck.

Gimme an oiled or a satin neck with a thicker neck and id be happy to buy one
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:56 AM

I really really want to try a parker. I've never even seen one before. I bet they are...magical.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Do Parker offer lefties of their guitars?

Regards

André

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
Paker do nothing for me, get a custom shop ESP or BC Rich, Jackson. . .
ew.

Parkers are amazing. I would actually love to do the same thing. Parker is an amazing company. I've loved ever guitar i've played of theirs. A custom would be even better.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Parker does offer lefties. Just not in the custom shop. I especially like the fact that they're light seeing as I play a lot. If I get into a band we'll likely play some pretty long sets. I also want something that will be able to meet most of my needs if I get called to do a session. That way I don't have to lug 2 or 3 guitars. Also having a piezo and midi pickup (midi will be on my custom guitar) will give me all kinds of options. Frankly I really wish I had the cash to get one now.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2006, 02:25 AM

Y'know, if you visit the Parker Forum, there are two or three luthiers whose work is highly praised by almost everyone on the site - a slightly more cost effective approach to your Parker jonesing might be to get a Parker Fly Classic and have a middle SC pickup added to the guitar with a bit of custom wiring to switch it in and out of the circuit - the basic guitar is already VERY good.

To the Jemsiter here who said Parkers do nothing for them - uh, have you played one? Since I got a Fly Classic, the JEMs really just sit around gathering dust!

Tags
coil tap , custom guitar , custom shop , music store , parker fly , parker fly classic , seymour duncan , seymour duncans , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode