Wizard 1........ HS....... AANJ?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Wizard 1........ HS....... AANJ??

I have been getting a fair bit into players such as bumblefoot and kiko louirero. Both these players prefer an HS configuration in their shred machines, the neck pup being a dimarzio chopper'esque pickup.
Anyways a while ago i posted a thread about guitars with wizard 1 specs and got a great list of model numbers to search up. One such model number that stayed in my head was the RG565 which is apparently wizard 1 with HS. HOWEVER from all the pics ive seen so far all these RG's have a fat ass blocky neck joint...... *boo hoo hoo*

1. Is this the case with all of them?
2. Are there any other Ibanez HS wizard 1 config guitars out there? (highly preferable with the AANJ)

Thanks for considering my query guys,

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Wizard 1........ HS....... AANJ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_void86 View Post
I have been getting a fair bit into players such as bumblefoot and kiko louirero. Both these players prefer an HS configuration in their shred machines, the neck pup being a dimarzio chopper'esque pickup.
Anyways a while ago i posted a thread about guitars with wizard 1 specs and got a great list of model numbers to search up. One such model number that stayed in my head was the RG565 which is apparently wizard 1 with HS. HOWEVER from all the pics ive seen so far all these RG's have a fat ass blocky neck joint...... *boo hoo hoo*

1. Is this the case with all of them?
2. Are there any other Ibanez HS wizard 1 config guitars out there? (highly preferable with the AANJ)

Thanks for considering my query guys,

Ian

1) Yes, they all have the neck joint you mention, though I've never heard it described as being a "fat ass blocky" join before! I've never had trouble with that neck joint and find that I prefer the tone of guitars with the "fas ass blocky" neck joint over those with the AANJ.

2) The only other HS Wizard 1 guitars out there (as far as I know) will be the occasional USA custom guitars, where the pickup configuration could be specified at the time of order. If you get lucky you'll find someone else who wanted those pickups when they ordered their guitar. Otherwise you might have to look at a custom made body for a guitar.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Best bet is to find a RG550 or similar with an AANJ, then get a custom pick guard.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:41 PM

ain't nothin wrong with the fat ass blocks
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 03:47 PM

You spend so much time playing on the 24th fret that you need to worry about it? I think that is mostly cosmetic really. It's all in your head.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
You spend so much time playing on the 24th fret that you need to worry about it? I think that is mostly cosmetic really. It's all in your head.
I prefer what i prefer, i play what i play. But still, thank you for your insight.....
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
MFB

It's not really your preference when you say "I've been getting into players like..." and then ask for which guitar has the specs that they prefer.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM

I feel you dark void, my guitars consist of 50% AANj, and 50% square joint.
I don't have big hand so it's not easy for me to access the upper fret on the old RG wth square neck joint.

Maybe RG 2610Z could be your alternative? I know it's only has one humbucker, but you can make a new routing and put singale coil on the neck slot.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Ah see now i didn't think there was another line of guitar with HS config, but thank you psychoshredder and algiman for giving me some excellent solutions. Unfortunately I have a personal thing against pick guards, but up to what sort of year would i need to buy an RG2610Z to ensure a wizard I profile does anyone know?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM

sorry to say that no RG 2610 early production or recent production would have the same feeling of the original wizard neck, the prestige wizard on RG 2610 somehow feel rounder and thicker that original Wizard, even it's only 1 mm difference.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 10:32 PM

Ahhh come on guys we all know the square joint sounds better, has better tone!

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 PM

well, I have :
RG USA custom LA metal design series golden feline
RG USA custom LA Metal design series tiger
RG 760 Japan only 'paisley'
They all considered as RG7XX series with square neck joint.

one RG prototype, neck from RG USA custom production line, body from RG 570 FM, and i has square neck joint.

I have also :
RGR 620 TKS and TPS, japan only
RGR 1220, japan only
RG 9670 J custom
They all considered as AANJ examples.

not to mention J customs and any other 'japan only' RG i ever owned.

which one do I like best? the RGR1220 with AANJ.
is it better than others? yes in my hand and heart.
so it comes back to your own personal preferences.
nobody can say AANJ is better than square or vice versa.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Ahhh come on guys we all know the square joint sounds better, has better tone!

lets not go there
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 11:48 PM

Reviews: 21

Prestige RG565 = sales
IMO....
Sadly, Ian, I think you (like the rest of us) are S.O.L. on that one unless you have access to the LA Custom Shop.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 01:48 AM

My 7PBK has Wizard 1 w/ a "big ass bulky" neck joint. It is the best playing guitar I've ever laid hands on. Far better than my 7VWH w/ the AANJ. Maybe a lot of guys have tiny hands, but I've never had a problem w/ the thicker neck joints and prefer them because of the more "solid" feel to the guitar. Plus, they do sound better (j/k...maybe)

Tags
hs wizard rg565

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode