Wizard I neck, the elusive profile?!? - Page 6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Vendor

Re: Wizard I neck, the elusive profile?!?

Why would I want to? I avoided making any posts in this thread till page 4 because I knew arguing any point with you was like arguing with a door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
I'm the one presenting a balanced view here. Before, it was "PRS sucks, all top players use bolt-ons, lol". Now *that* is ignorant.
Unfortunately, you're not presenting a balanced view at all, you made some less than perfect choices to illustrate your points and got called on them, no harm there. You posted ill informed opinion on the Ibanez range; this isn't the best place to do that but again, no harm there. But not particularly balanced, Scali. Sorry.
post #78 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Lets get BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC people

Fresh start time
post #79 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Why would I want to? I avoided making any posts in this thread till page 4 because I knew arguing any point with you was like arguing with a door.
LOL...I held out as long as I could too.
post #80 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

i love wizard necks,my 777vbk gets used 10 times as much as my 7vwh,although i do prefer 7vwh for tone
post #81 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 PM

Yeah I knew it was useless which Is why I never responded when he quoted me.

But be ready. In two weeks (unless he was pernamently suspended) he's going to be back here telling us Satriani uses bolt ons because he's smashing guitars left and right

edit: anyways if you want a new guitar get the 770 dx reissue.
post #82 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 07:53 PM

No more comments from the peanut gallery please

So how bout that profile
post #83 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Wow the subject of this thread did take an interesting turn........... ive learned some new things about neck joins that i didn't know before so its not all bad!

However after six pages of posts ive sifted through to find only got few guitar codes. Most of them HSH which i just can't deal with.

RG550 (HSH so i wont be looking that up plus i don't like scratch plates....)
RG770dx (same issue)
RG520 (from what i see on google images alot better in what i want, but shame its not direct mounted pups but i can live with this!)
RG570 (HSH again...)
RG8670 (PERFECTION)
RG8620 (PERFECTION)
RG560 (HSH)
777vbk (HSH)

If anyone has anymore RG numbers to search on ****/everywhere else that is HH and has a true wizard profile neck please let me know. I don't mind basswood bodies but if its Mahogany with maple top then i would be EXTREMELY happy.
post #84 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM

If you like the RG520 except for the pickup rings, go for an RG620. It's eactly the same model, only with direct mount pickups. --Jason

post #85 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
Some other 'top players' that play or played on set-neck/neck-through:
- Neal Schon
- Gary Moore
- Buckethead
- Shawn Lane
- Eric Johnson
- Danny Danzi
- Stanley Jordan
- Steve Lukather
- Brian May
- Slash
- Richie Sambora
- Carlos Santana
- Jeff Beck
- Eric Clapton
- Adrian Vandenberg
- Paul Gilbert

.. just off the top of my head.
Alexi Laiho
Allen Holdsworth
Marty Friedman
Michael Angelo
Michael Romeo
Rusty Cooley

I think it's more expensive to make neck thru.
post #86 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_void86 View Post
Wow the subject of this thread did take an interesting turn........... ive learned some new things about neck joins that i didn't know before so its not all bad!

However after six pages of posts ive sifted through to find only got few guitar codes. Most of them HSH which i just can't deal with.

RG550 (HSH so i wont be looking that up plus i don't like scratch plates....)
RG770dx (same issue)
RG520 (from what i see on google images alot better in what i want, but shame its not direct mounted pups but i can live with this!)
RG570 (HSH again...)
RG8670 (PERFECTION)
RG8620 (PERFECTION)
RG560 (HSH)
777vbk (HSH)

If anyone has anymore RG numbers to search on ****/everywhere else that is HH and has a true wizard profile neck please let me know. I don't mind basswood bodies but if its Mahogany with maple top then i would be EXTREMELY happy.
560 is HSS.

RG565 is a distint possiblility. It is HS.

Also note that making a 550 H-H configuration cost about 15 dollars (if you want a new pickguard) and is about 10 minutes of work. Though it is not perfect the 550 is typically quite a bit cheaper on the bay

Anyways do you want 24 frets? The s540hh is a great guitar if you only want 22.
post #87 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM

I don't have the patience to sift through all six pages,but did anyone mention the rg3120.It has all the specs.
post #88 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Your right, the RG3120 seems to be ideal for me in many ways. And for the price of a really expensive brand new prestige i could guy two of these. However ive been researching the specs and this dude seems to think its a Wizard II neck on this guitar

http://www.cwazyworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11433
post #89 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletbass man View Post
560 is HSS.

RG565 is a distint possiblility. It is HS.

Also note that making a 550 H-H configuration cost about 15 dollars (if you want a new pickguard) and is about 10 minutes of work. Though it is not perfect the 550 is typically quite a bit cheaper on the bay

Anyways do you want 24 frets? The s540hh is a great guitar if you only want 22.
Ideally i would prefer no scratch plate. I was thinking that if i buy a guitar with HSH all i have to do is lower the middle pickup till it will descend no further. And then wire the humbuckers up in the regular way for a HH guitar so i might go for HSH after all. Maybe HH if i found a really nice model and i would put a dimarzio chopper in the neck and also disconnect the middle pickup.....
post #90 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 AM
GAZ

Smile Re: Wizard I neck, the elusive profile?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_void86 View Post
Your right, the RG3120 seems to be ideal for me in many ways. And for the price of a really expensive brand new prestige i could guy two of these. However ive been researching the specs and this dude seems to think its a Wizard II neck on this guitar

http://www.cwazyworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11433
The 2003 model fits the bill, but not the 2005 !!

Tags
alex lifeson , alexi laiho , basswood bodies , dimarzio chopper , direct mount pickups , double cutaway , gary moore , guthrie govan , ibanez necks , ibanez roadstar , legato technique , leo fender , mahogony body , michael romeo , mount pickups , neal schon , neck joints , neck pockets , pat metheny , pickup cavity , pickup ring , prs guitar , prs guitars , richie sambora , scratch plate , stanley jordan , steve lukather , suhr guitars , suhr standard , upper fret , upper frets , vintage strat , wizard neck profile , wizard prestige , wizard prestige neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode