Wolfgang holds its own - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Wolfgang holds its own

i have a USA wolfie standard with trem and it is becoming my main guitar at my gigs (classic rock/modern rock ,ect.). i have a 7DBK and plenty of great axes to use and the wolfie seems to be staying in my hands longer than the rest. it just plays and sounds fantastic!
i love my other axes and will always bring at least 2 or 3 with me to gigs, but the wolfie stays in tune longer and really compliments my playing and tone needs wonderfully!
i just had to say - "what a great, well-made guitar!"
i'm also eyeing the RGT2020SOL that i saw posted on Rich's website from NAMM. with the neck thru construction, side dot markers and beautiful wood grain- i think i'm getting another GAS attack!!
i'll be saving up and talking to Rich!!!

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 11:42 AM

I love my Wolfgang too.....so much I,m even having it striped like Ed's "Frankenstrat".........
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

VERY cool!
post a pic and some info of who or how you striped it out when you get a chance- i'd love to see it!
do you have a USA special or a standard? i'm guessing a special since they seem easier to stripe.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 12:06 PM

A local guy (Todd) in my area is going to do it next month. And yes it is a Standard (the good one) I DO use the tone knob...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:38 PM

Reviews: 3
doesn't the standard have a figured top? why on earth would you cover that in a stripe pattern? unless of course you're using some sort of dye so you could still see the figuring... I wonder what that would look like...

the wolfgang seems like a nice guitar. maybe I should look into getting one some day...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 PM

some people just dont dig flamed or quilted maple *im not one of those people*, but it could be a beater wolfgang with alot of finish damage, or it could be the ivory and black model which dont have a figured top, but are a standard model. The wolfgang is a great guitar, just bought one myself, but i think i should have spent some dough on an amp
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

i haven't seen a standard with stripes- that could look really cool! i like the standard for a few reasons- one of which is that the D-tuna is more accessible because of the carved top than it is on the special.
you can get the standard with a flame-top OR a solid color. if you have one made at the the Peavey Custom Shop, you can have just about ANY finish you want - around $2K -$3K. i personally think Peavey is "overbuilding" (in regards to quality vs $) these guitars to get the word out about the high quality standards of the USA Peavey guitar builders and i think they aren't going to keep the Custom Shop around for more than a few years for that same reason.
Peavey has a cool "build your own Wolfgang" type of design software on their website that lets you see most of the options you choose. i have "cyber-built" probably a 100 or so different designs.
i hope to goto the Custom Shop while I have access thru the dealer that i work for.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

if someone will host a pic of my wolfgang, i'll email the pic for this thread. i have it posted in another thread under, "GAS attack", if you want to see it in the meantime. it has nice bird's eye on the neck and a really nice flame top. i can't play my wolfie enough! (i still love my 7DBK too!)

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:54 PM

It's a Wolfgang standard Archtop in "Ivory" in mint cond. with the "trem". If you want to see what's it's going to EXACTLY look like, go here...www.guitarhanger.com, Click"guitars"/ electric P-Z/ Peavey/ then click "sold guitars link" it's the 4th one down.....ENJOY!!! If someone could post that picture on here, that would be cool for everyone else to see.....Thanks...(I dont know how to do it)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 04:22 PM

Reviews: 6
Here ya go:

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 12:04 PM

Thank YOU!!!! That's what my Wolfgang is going to look like when it's done.. (with a wammy of course)......
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

TOO COOL!! i was recently thinking of getting a quilt top in red and THEN striping it out for a different look. hmmmm....

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:14 PM

I knew you'd like it!!

Tags
custom shop , neck thru , quilted maple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode