Woot, some cool stuff for Japan :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Woot, some cool stuff for Japan :D

Browsing Ikebe has been a great way to find out what's coming out from ibanez before they update their site. There are some NICE colors and models coming to the Gio line in October:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411246

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411249

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411245

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411244

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411242

November release, 7 string Gio

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/411240

That metallic light green is SOOOOO nice. I think I'd be willing to get one and hot rod it with new pups and stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 08:17 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: Woot, some cool stuff for Japan :D

Damn youse Ibanez! Why you put such cool colors on a Gio! (Shakes fist!)
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Damn youse Ibanez! Why you put such cool colors on a Gio! (Shakes fist!)
Yeah really, put those on a prestige for god's sake.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Chocolate brown sunburst.... yum! I'll take one with a Prestige JS neck and original Edge, please.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 11:02 AM

Reviews: 2

Don't you guys know??

REAL players only want black or white!!!

It's beginners and kids that prefer these "cool" colors......at least according to Hoshino's "spot-on" market research..........LOL
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 11:17 AM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Yeah really, put those on a prestige for god's sake.
Never gonna happen. We've been asking for good colors on the MIJ stuff since the 1990s (when you could have any guitar you wanted as long as you liked black, grey, or dark red). Lately, Ibanez will pick some totally bizarre color no one has ever wanted (e.g., Poison Pumpkin) and then take a good color and make it 37 shades too dark (e.g., the "subterranean purple"). For every other guitar, it's black, dark black, metallic black, or grey.

It's kind of pathetic when nearly every Premium RG looks better than the Prestige ones. Sure, the J-Customs have nice tops, but we only get like one version and not everyone can afford to spend a down payment on a guitar.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Chocolate brown sunburst.... yum! I'll take one with a Prestige JS neck and original Edge, please.
Forget that, give me an Ultra Wizard from the 540R
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Don't you guys know??

REAL players only want black or white!!!

It's beginners and kids that prefer these "cool" colors......at least according to Hoshino's "spot-on" market research..........LOL

At least you guys got that Orange-ish color for the first round of 655s
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem7vwh View Post
Never gonna happen. We've been asking for good colors on the MIJ stuff since the 1990s (when you could have any guitar you wanted as long as you liked black, grey, or dark red). Lately, Ibanez will pick some totally bizarre color no one has ever wanted (e.g., Poison Pumpkin) and then take a good color and make it 37 shades too dark (e.g., the "subterranean purple"). For every other guitar, it's black, dark black, metallic black, or grey.

It's kind of pathetic when nearly every Premium RG looks better than the Prestige ones. Sure, the J-Customs have nice tops, but we only get like one version and not everyone can afford to spend a down payment on a guitar.
I know it won't happen, just complaining

If I could find a poison pumpkin, I'd snag it, just because it's so weird I agree about the subterranean purple, they shoulda just reused Frozen ocean blue, that's an AWESOME purple metallic.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 05:12 AM

F the gio, check this out ...the guitar yes? not the kawaii girls..

what is that blue RG ??
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Psycho:

I read the interview in Young Guitar with the specs of that guitar (Ibanez Japan facebook page posted it earlier today).

Basically it's a custom 2560MEX (the original is HSS/rosewood board with Dimarzio IBZs and the Japanese market color was crimson wine or something). It's an ash body, 5 piece maple neck, maple board, with Duncan pups and an OE. She's endorsed by Ibanez and she's in some poppy band that one of the singers used to be in Morning Musume.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Psycho:

I read the interview in Young Guitar with the specs of that guitar (Ibanez Japan facebook page posted it earlier today).

Basically it's a custom 2560MEX (the original is HSS/rosewood board with Dimarzio IBZs and the Japanese market color was crimson wine or something). It's an ash body, 5 piece maple neck, maple board, with Duncan pups and an OE. She's endorsed by Ibanez and she's in some poppy band that one of the singers used to be in Morning Musume.
damn.. I'll do them both.... ( ehm.. the guitar and the girls).

and now Ibanez : that's how you suppose to make your RG 655. but ditch the body binding, will you?
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshredder View Post
damn.. I'll do them both.... ( ehm.. the guitar and the girls).

and now Ibanez : that's how you suppose to make your RG 655. but ditch the body binding, will you?
It's too bad that guitar is a custom shop model and not going to be released. Total crap imo. If only they would do something like that normally...

I wish THIS was the 655, and what the US got was called the 550. I don't like these new numberings either.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 06:27 AM

I think black and white is going after metal crowd. Surf colors are nice but may not seek big enough audience.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
I think black and white is going after metal crowd. Surf colors are nice but may not seek big enough audience.
But then why do Fenders in red, surf green, lake placid blue sell well? The problem is marketing. Ibanez is basically bending over backwards for the metal crowd, but for non-metal players, having only black and white is a turn off.

If Ibanez did more colors and varieties, like that chick's custom shop 2560, they would sell more guitars. I sure as heck don't want a black guitar again, and I already have 2 white ones (with one possibly going out the door).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode