Which would you choose? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Which would you choose?

I have a stock '91 RG570, it has its dings and dents, but overall it's in decent condition. I saw a used RG7620 with D-Sonic and Breed in good condition on craigslist, do you think I should go for it? I like the RG570 but it's never been anything close to my RG7621 or RG2027. I'm really conflicted here, because I can't decide whether I like the 570 enough to keep it long-term...what would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Which would you choose?

I'd take the rg7620
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 04:40 PM

I'd go for the 7620 as well. BTW you sound like you're leaning towards the same so go ahead and fall all the way
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm definitely leaning toward the 7620. Problem is, the 570 is my low-tuning guitar (usually in C or D standard), and if I get the 7620, it'll adopt that role. So how low could I go with the low B? i.e., if I set it up for C standard, will the nut (and intonation) be able to handle a low G? If so, I'll definitely spring for it; if it sounds muddy but intonates properly, I'll still gladly take it...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 PM

Reviews: 11

for G you're going to need some pretty thick strings. I use a .68 just for A. Maybe a .74 would work. But for that, you WILL have to make the hole in the tuning peg wider. That doesnt cause any damage and will not weaken it to where it might break (as long as you don't go too far of course. maybe just get it opened up to accept a .80 gauge). and the nut will have to be widened a bit as well (but not much).

maybe you should stop trading and start saving! Save up about $1200 or so and get yourself an RG1077XL. 27" scale so you can use thinner strings and be able to intone better. then you could get away with using a .68 or something for G and you won't have to widen the tuner or nut. AND you get to keep your rg570!

Tags
'91 , rg2027 , rg570 , rg7620

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode