Would you do it? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Would you do it?

I have a chance of getting a RG20th RFR. It's a straight swap for my Gibson Les Paul Custom (Wine Red). The fact is, I never play the Les Paul, I only ever play my Ibanez guitars. The Gibson never sees the light of day and spends all of it's life in the case. I was going to sell the Gibson, to finance the purchase of an RF 20th, so the swap would be an easier option anyway. Granted, the Les Paul is worth more than the RG20th but the shortfall doesn't really bother me, as I've wanted the RG20th since it was just an internet rumour. Just wondering what the general concensus is here.

Cheers.

Last edited by RGR570; 07-21-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:20 AM

Re: Would you do it?

If you're willing to sacrifice something you have for something you want, I don't see how it's a bad idea.

The Gibson is probably worth a few bucks more, but if you feel that you can happily let it go for something that you really want, then you're not losing.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:23 AM

Reviews: 7

I would do it just because I don't like LP's or Gibson's in general. But if your LP is mint I see no reason why you can't try to get some cash or a something along with the trade.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
If you're willing to sacrifice something you have for something you want, I don't see how it's a bad idea.

The Gibson is probably worth a few bucks more, but if you feel that you can happily let it go for something that you really want, then you're not losing.
That's exactly how I see it. Thanks for the advice mate.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone View Post
I would do it just because I don't like LP's or Gibson's in general. But if your LP is mint I see no reason why you can't try to get some cash or a something along with the trade.
Yeah, I got the Gibson 10 years ago and I've hardly ever played it, I play my Ibanez guitars every day. I really want the RFR and I'm not too bothered about the price difference. My mate thinks I'm mad, but when you get GAS, it has to be satiated Thanks for the input mate.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 08:30 AM

No, i wouldnt! trust me on this one... later that thing may be worth even more $$$... besides, theres nothing wrong with picking up jazz...
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:32 AM

It's definitely worth selling your Les Paul Custom first, especially if it's in near mint or mint condition. Then you can buy a nice RFR 20th and have a bit of spare cash left over.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Tell you what, do a brother a favor and I'll buy the Les Paul from you for exactly what the price with tax will be for the RG. That way you'll get your new RG and someone here will be able to appreciate your Les Paul without a dealer/store marking it up to something outrageous.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Thing is...if you sell the LP to finance the RG then will it still be available by the time you have made the sale??
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:47 AM

I reckon so Andy, them RFR 20th's should be popping up on the Bay quite often for awhile now. You see the novelty of the 20th wears off with some people and they become quite keen to sell after a short while of owning one.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 09:58 AM

I'll trade you a RG20th DY for it
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 11:20 AM

Sell the Les Paul then just buy yourself a RF.Then you will have a little money on top of the RF..

To buy more gear
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM

I would do it in a second. Twice.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Oh well, looks like the deal might be off now.
Guess I'll just sell it instead.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:40 AM

noooo! really, eventually (i know it seem ludicrous) you will grow outa that ibanez... that gibson will be like a fine cigar, compared to the rg as a cigarrette. that cigarrette will be good as a youngin, but when you are older you want somthing that represents, finess, maturity... (coming from an oldschool metallica fan sounds weird haw?)
if you found that thing sitting around, you probably have more gutiars sitting around, that you could sell.
Closed Thread

Tags
gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , ibanez guitars , les paul , les paul custom , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode