XPT 700 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

XPT 700

Has anyone played or contemplated buying one of these yet?

I haven't seen any imports here to date and was just wondering if it's worth a serious look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 09:39 AM

Re: XPT 700

I'm totally thinking about snatching one up...
I want somone else to buy it first lol
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 AM

I'm snaggin' one next week Just a "fun" guitar
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Full report to follow then?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 05:00 AM

rrp is $1700 au
for a MII crap
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugizo_esp View Post
rrp is $1700 au
for a MII crap
Don't knock it till you've tried it. And I thought that guitars in Australia were overpriced anyway, so I don't think the price would raise any eyebrows.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
Don't knock it till you've tried it. And I thought that guitars in Australia were overpriced anyway, so I don't think the price would raise any eyebrows.
I did try it. Just a few quick play, not impressive at all

The wood used on the fretboard is pretty bad too, really light brown color board with those digusting black dots all over everywhere.

The finish looks good, but its not a guitar you would be like "woh" when u pick it up by the neck

You can tell a guitar is good or not as soon as you grab it by the neck.. and i just wanted to put it back to the shelf as i grab it...again, different people have different opinion, to me, $1700 is not worth of a MII and otehr then that it diffintely did not feel like a $1700 worth of guitar, compare it with other gutiars around the range, a pretidge ibanez
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:

The wood used on the fretboard is pretty bad too, really light brown color board with those digusting black dots all over everywhere.

The finish looks good, but its not a guitar you would be like "woh" when u pick it up by the neck

You can tell a guitar is good or not as soon as you grab it by the neck.. and i just wanted to put it back to the shelf as i grab it...again, different people have different opinion, to me, $1700 is not worth of a MII and otehr then that it diffintely did not feel like a $1700 worth of guitar, compare it with other gutiars around the range, a pretidge ibanez
Judging by your post, I wouldn't say that the model you tried was a good example. Indonesian QC is always inconsistent at best. You get good ones and bad ones too. I'm glad my Indonesian Cort is well built (apart from the annoying push-pull tone knob). But this is just its introductory year, so who knows maybe a Prestige model is on the way (don't hold your breaths for MIJs, chances are it will be MIK).
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
Judging by your post, I wouldn't say that the model you tried was a good example. Indonesian QC is always inconsistent at best. You get good ones and bad ones too. I'm glad my Indonesian Cort is well built (apart from the annoying push-pull tone knob). But this is just its introductory year, so who knows maybe a Prestige model is on the way (don't hold your breaths for MIJs, chances are it will be MIK).
i doubt they will ever this MIJ or MIK any soon.
Look at the recent history of ibanez, drop is quality, production shift to cheap countries, just cheap parts and increase the price.

My prediction is, get an MIJ ibanez if you haven't got one. Because by next few years, it will be all gone.

Also, if something is not made right in the first place, it just gives a bad impression to people out there already and it will be hard for people to accept any improvements
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Reviews: 120

Quote:

I thought they were MIK??? The V-Blades are MIK, I played one and it felt really good. I'd be surprised if the XPTs were made in Indonesia.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I thought they were MIK??? The V-Blades are MIK, I played one and it felt really good. I'd be surprised if the XPTs were made in Indonesia.
The 3 V Blades I've played all said Made In Indonesia on the neck, as did the Xiphos I played a few weeks ago (which did feel like it needed a SERIOUS set-up but was otherwise fine).
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
rrp is $1700 au
for a MII crap

Yuk! That's an awful lot for any guitar made in Indonesia, crap or not!

You can buy an RG2550 for that kind of money!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Yuk! That's an awful lot for any guitar made in Indonesia, crap or not!

You can buy an RG2550 for that kind of money!
exactly

are ibanez out of their mind??
or they think we are all stupid n know nothing about guitars
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Dee

I think it's more like they think the quality of Korean, Chinese and Indonesian built guitars are getting good enough to rival Japanese / Fujigen produced guitars now.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I think it's more like they think the quality of Korean, Chinese and Indonesian built guitars are getting good enough to rival Japanese / Fujigen produced guitars now.
They're wrong........

Tags
david mccarroll , ibanez dealer , ibanez jem , pull tone , sam ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode