Yamaha Custom Shop? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Yamaha Custom Shop?

Here is the story.

As your probabrly aware I'm a little keen on Yamaha guitars. I really like them becuase they are the first brand that got me into serious guitar playing and I just love them. The head stock is the coolest, the neck is awesome and I just love them - Pacificas most of all. I have telephoned Yamaha, and even met them in person at guitar shows, asking them if there is a custom shop, because I would like them to build me a custom telecaster - more in this later. But they wont. They tell me that the custom shops in LA and Japan are only open to their in house luthiers and any artists that they have well I found this picture on the internet of Steve Salas....

From my impression this is proof that you can get a custom Yamaha built. Does anyone have any idea when it comes to this? I just got a passport and would love to go on a global guitar hunt.

I would go for a telecaster body, 24 fret rosewood board, reverse head stock, floyed rose tremolo, seymour duncan hot rail in the bridge, and litle 59 humbucker in the neck. I'm not sure on the colour yet.....but it would be funky!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yamaha custom.jpg (94.5 KB, 155 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Yamaha Custom Shop?

You used to be able to custom order from them several years ago, you could get the single or double cutaway Pacifica body and then a choice of tops and hardware. I think this closed up though and I haven't seen a new high end yamaha for years .

Last edited by jono; 03-01-2009 at 08:51 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM

I wish this was still around, I started on a single cut pacifica and these guitars are great from low to high end.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Oh man, what a bummer that I missed out on this!! Sigh. I would have jumped at the chance. I love that PAC in the far right in the picture.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:01 PM

I just found this article about the 'Yamaha Pacifica Ultimate'. It dates 2008 and in it, it says that the custom shop isn't open to the public, if I read it correctly. I guess that confirms it.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/news/n...fica_ultimate_
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 AM

Hi all,
this is my first post here. I don't want to hijack this thread, but since itīs about Yamaha Custom Shop guitars I want to ask if someone knows something about following custom shop Yamaha guitar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PAC1.jpg (42.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg PAC1Head.jpg (51.8 KB, 15 views)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:16 AM

Reviews: 2

Yes - These are high end USA made pacificas (late 90's in I remember correctly), I may still have the Guitarist reviews for the tele and strat models (in French unfortunately).

What sort of information are you after?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM

My mistake - I have checked the headstock and they are a different breed.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM

This guitar was made in Taiwan. I wanted to know production year, whose signature is on it, ... I couldnīt find no info.
But, thx for interest.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Banned

im not fussed on these pacificas.a mate of mine had one years ago,i thought i was cheap sounding
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliOli View Post
Yes - These are high end USA made pacificas (late 90's in I remember correctly), I may still have the Guitarist reviews for the tele and strat models (in French unfortunately).

What sort of information are you after?
Want a translation?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 12:29 PM

No need I'm a UK based frog.

LOL
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 PM

lol

Fair does, I fancied a bit of practice for my A level exam on Monday.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 05:56 PM

I have one pacifica usa1 in violin sunburst mint condition if anyone interest in buying, it was the highest grade yamaha made in us. I'm loacated in usa.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase298 View Post
I have one pacifica usa1 in violin sunburst mint condition if anyone interest in buying, it was the highest grade yamaha made in us. I'm loacated in usa.
We have a classifieds section for ads, please use that if you are selling something.

Tags
yamaha pacifica custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode