Yamaha RGX A2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Yamaha RGX A2

Has anyone ever played or owned an RGX A2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 AM

Re: Yamaha RGX A2

Yes! I have owned one of those! They can be found for a very good price in the UK and not many people play them, which is prity cool. They feel very well built for their lack of weight and do everything you would expect from this type of guitar. Its a bit like a less powerful les paul in my opinion. The pups sound a lot like 'air' if that makes any sence to you.

Ultimatly I didn't get on with the guitar though. There were several reasons for this, firstly I really dont think that the pickup selector is a good option. Its controlled via a tone pot wich makes switiching from the bridge to the neck very clumsy. The pups were sort of lifeless with gain settings and to be honest I like heavy guitars.

Chris
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:24 AM

I have played both the white and the black versions of the A2.

It's a very balanced and bright guitar. It suits well styles from Blues to Hard Rock.
The stock Yamaha pickups are very well designed: bright, articulate and balanced. (Everything I like from a pickup...)

It's a very lightweight guitar.
The biggest problem is the pickup switch. But I guess that can be replaced...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 03:51 PM

My dad has the white A2 and it has such a nice piece of rosewood on the neck and it definitely sounds bright and balanced like crazy guitar said.

I love how light it is too, the pickup selector knob is a little annoying but I love the lights so if you could somehow make a selector switch that runs the lights still that would be cool haha
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Yeah the rotary switch is a bit chunky and hard to rotate, but the llightness of the guitar is superb, I was just thinking if I was to ever get a hardtail I'd get one. Oh and are the pickups active or passive because I've seen it advertised as both.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode