Yet another NGD! Pics Inside!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Yet another NGD! Pics Inside!!

I got another offer I couldn't refuse....(Don Corleone face). Brand new EC-1000 deluxe now joins my stable. Enjoy the pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM

Re: Yet another NGD! Pics Inside!!

GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS!

Yet another dude!! Sweet. Congratz!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM

I remember trying one of those out - it played well indeed. I'm not really a fan of the over the top binding though. It does look better on a white guitar... Enjoy her!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Reviews: 2

Looks awesome. Could use a sprucing up with some guitar hero stickers though.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS! GAS!

Yet another dude!! Sweet. Congratz!!!
Haha, it's not so much GAS as all these deals getting shoved in my face and I can't really say no. =P
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Muffin View Post
Looks awesome. Could use a sprucing up with some guitar hero stickers though.
hahaha :P
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Reviews: 7

mmm... abalone...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Yep, my favorite inlay material
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 02:49 PM

ESP are great, even LTD, I've decided. I finished work early so went to the guitar shop round the corner to try a V-401. I loved it, got some ace riffage going through the Dual Rec I was plugged into. Tune-o-matics don't really serve super fast thrash styles for me though.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeglectedField View Post
ESP are great, even LTD, I've decided. I finished work early so went to the guitar shop round the corner to try a V-401. I loved it, got some ace riffage going through the Dual Rec I was plugged into. Tune-o-matics don't really serve super fast thrash styles for me though.
Yeah I have a buncha floyd guitars too so I strike a decent balance, but the combo of the tonepros bridge with the EMGs and all the mahogany here really does well. To be honest, I've A/B'd the deluxe LTD guitars with stuff like the ESP Eclipse II side by side (as recently as yesterday when I got this guitar) and found practically no difference. The ESP Custom shop guitars are of course on another level but are also on another level price wise.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Don't get me wrong the sound was amazing, proper tone and sustain. I ****ing love it, I'm just weird and take time to adjust myself to a guitar and the bridge has to be just right for me to play super fast machinegunny thrash type stuff. Only thing that coulda been better would be if I was playing into a Blackstar Series One 200 head instead, plus I'm still getting used to playing V-shape guitars, though this one was quite comfortable considering. And also a thicker set of strings. I reckon the standard in guitar shops should be 10 on hardtails.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 06:04 PM

The reason why the LTD and ESP sound the same or almost the same is becuase the EMGs are supposed to have the same sound no matter what guitar you put them in. Just like how the Line 6 spider amps work.. designed to sound the same no matter what guitar you plug in.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousef View Post
The reason why the LTD and ESP sound the same or almost the same is becuase the EMGs are supposed to have the same sound no matter what guitar you put them in. Just like how the Line 6 spider amps work.. designed to sound the same no matter what guitar you plug in.
Actually, the reason they sound the same is because it's literally the same thing. Mahogany neck and body, same EMGs, almost same hardware, etc. EMGs really are a lot more flexible than I previously gave them credit for. You just need to adjust your settings accordingly.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 AM

Yeah, I got an M-1000 a couple years back and am still blown away by the quality, especially for the price.

Tags
ec-1000 , emg , esp , tonepros

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode