You ever got someone into ibanez? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
You ever got someone into ibanez?

hi,

in this thread I want to ask if people got people into ibanez guitars.
I did, 2 friends of mine play only ibanez now (before fender and gibson)
and my teacher hates ibanez, i have 3. rg550 1990 rocket roll II white ghost 1982 and an rgt42dx white limited edition.
he played on all of them and now he has decided to putt his fender away and also buy an rg550, he wants the other 2 also but they are really rare:P
kinda awesome.

so if this happend to you post it here:P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Re: You ever got someone into ibanez?

Yeah i had a buddy of mine talk about how every Ibanez he's seen was crap. I let him play a few of mine and he started yelling at his wife to buy him one. It was quite amusing.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Yeah, probably a couple dozen students. Ibanez should give me an endorsement for all I've done for them!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Reviews: 2

Same as Petie. Most can only afford an RG but they go for the Art120 too. Glad the local shop started selling these as they know I have loads of them

Last edited by MacMusica; 02-10-2010 at 07:48 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 07:50 PM

Reviews: 1

Yes, I've educated many people about Ibanez guitars. If you demonstrate all the features that Jems/RG's/UV's offer and the tremendous range of tones they can produce you'll get their attention.
Then if you then have them play a well set-up Jem/RG/UV and they feel and hear the difference they'll be hooked most of the time. It's fun to watch.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM

No but my friend sort of got me into Ibanez. I mean I always knew they were great guitars but when he customed out his 750 I was sold.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Reviews: 2

Yeah, I'm a guitar teacher. Although I think it has more to do with the "look what he can do on that guitar" factor than anything I say.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:37 AM

Reviews: 12

sure... not necessarily converted them but well-informed my guitar [or soon to be ] playing friends that Ibby's are usually the better deal, especially if they're MIJ. I always tell 'em it's easier to "fly" on 'em. The people whom i've convinced, this is what I can remember:
1 asked if the [new] RGA121VLF was great; i told him to get it pronto and so he did lol.
1 asked to find something within $400 for a first guitar; I found him a red '91 770DX w/case... a few months back, he asked me about the Xiphos but didn't want another red guitar lol.
1 asked to find a new Ibanez for $500... we went shopping in '01 and found a silver 570 and hooked up with a case for $400.
1 asked to find an Ibanez that "thrashes"... found him a black 570 with dual EMG 81's and case for $300...
1 guitarist I played in a band with, who i'm still in contact, bought a [new] S2020x as i told him about the "blended piezo" option cause his playing style was intersecting electric and acoustic tones. He later got a UV777BK for a present cause he was trying to keep up with my UVGR....
1 asked about "SG" style guitars... I told him check into AX's... he has 2 of 'em and is aiming for an FR2620.

Reg

Last edited by reguv760; 02-11-2010 at 03:34 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 AM

I usually listen to people rave about their guitars and then I hand them one of my guitars and they go "woooaaah!"... a few days or weeks later, I'd get a call or email about where they can buy a similar RG
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM

I recommend Ibanez to everyone. It can be tough sometimes. I get together and jam with people who play Les Pauls and Fenders. A lot of them claim that Ibanez are normally called "Ibenhad" and are not very good. Then I remind them that there are good versions of ibanez that are MIJ and they sound quite well. And while they are twanging away I proceed to blast over them w/ my lead sound.

Its the sound of the guitar, and the playability that opens their ears. If you ask them they probably don't even know why they like les pauls or fenders. It just because they "sound good" or "look classic" or are "made in america". But then I usually point out to them that they own a Japanese car. But I will put up my RG550 with dimarzios against any fender or lespaul. It sounds great. Not to mention my JEM. And I can get a variety of sounds out of one instrument, especially with my humbucker split to single coil.

Thats why I like to play my rg550 over my jem, so that they don't think that it just sounds good because it is expensive and it is vai's. Ibanez puts out good stuff! I've run into my share of people who think you arent a serious player unless you play a les paul or fender. But I have to remind them that many artists play Ibanez, and are also a lot more technical players than most Fender and LP players. Usually playing an Ibanez for someone, and lettign them feel a good MIJ will change their opinions.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponsau7 View Post
I recommend Ibanez to everyone. It can be tough sometimes. I get together and jam with people who play Les Pauls and Fenders.
I play drums in a band and the guitarists play fender strats, a telecaster and a squier "strat". sometimes I bring along my 1982 blazer and jam with them (bass player seconds on drums). last time we played Robert Johnson's "Crossroads" and none of them could match the sound I was getting (through a Crate tube amp).

So, yes, I'm working on it...and I'm just the drummer!

Tags
awesome , ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode