Are you nuts... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Are you nuts...

I try not to be an a hole, but i have to vent on this subject...i just picked up a ibby with inf 1's and 2's in it...played it thru two different solid state amps, then brought it over to my friends house and played thru a vintage marshall head and A METAL ZONE...
here is my bitch... a LOT of subscribers said these p/up's were muddy and/or weak...WTF !!! NOT ! Great sounding p/up, perhaps should be marketed by dimarzio... or they really paf36's, like i "heard" somewhere...

Last edited by mtldad; 03-28-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:18 AM

Reviews: 11
Re: Are you nuts...

Yeah, since they really are muddy and weak. Especially when downtuned. If they were marketed by dimarzio, or any other brand, I woudn't touch them with a long stick. Oh well, that's just my opinion. It's good to hear that you liked them.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 AM

cool story bro. join the other 6804237680 people who share your opinion.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 02:58 AM

I guess it is all opinion, personally they sound like crap to my ears but I am a real perfectionist when it comes to those sort of things (I blame my dad for giving me the perfectionist ear haha)
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:27 AM

Me thinks you should try out some REAL pups. They're not trash but there's certainly better ones out there.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtldad View Post
I try not to be an a hole, but i have to vent on this subject...i just picked up a ibby with inf 1's and 2's in it... a LOT of subscribers said these p/up's were muddy and/or weak...WTF !!! NOT ! Great sounding p/up, perhaps should be marketed by dimarzio... or they really paf36's, like i "heard" somewhere...
You're not being an a-hole. You like the sound of the pickups and some folks don't. "Muddy" and "weak" are very subjective. Ibanez makes those pickups so they are definitely not 36th Anniversary PAFs, especially since the bridge pickup has a ceramic magnet. Never take anyone's opinion on pickups as gospel, except your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
I guess it is all opinion, personally
Yes, it is a matter of opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
Me thinks you should try out some REAL pups. They're not trash but there's certainly better ones out there.
"Real" pups? Do tell what defines a "real" pickup? As far as better ones, again it's highly subjective and in the end it's a personal choice.

There are so many variables beyond pickups that go into creating the final tone coming out of the speakers. Some folks just have a bias against OEM pickups because they're not Dimarzios or Duncans or Bare Knuckles or whatever. If you like the Infinities that's great.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Are you nuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
Maybe you should have put "try out some different pups". However I do agree that they aren't the worst pups around...I really dislike Rockfields...Some people probably love them but it's all a matter of opinion...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 AM

If you like them, that's what matters. If everyone else likes something you don't, or hates what you like, then you should be able to live with that without needing to rant about it.

I know people who put ketchup on hot dogs, and if anything needs ranting about...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post

I know people who put ketchup on hot dogs, and if anything needs ranting about...
Dear God!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM

Reviews: 2

"I know people who put ketchup on hot dogs, and if anything needs ranting about..."

uh-oh (guilty)
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwchafin View Post
"I know people who put ketchup on hot dogs, and if anything needs ranting about..."

uh-oh (guilty)
oh, the humanity
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Are you nuts...

Doesn't take much prodding for me to start a Hot Dog thread...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Reviews: 2

I also think the stock Ibanez pups get a lot of undeserved hate. Sure they suck compared to Dimarzio/etc, but compared to a lot of stock pups I think they have a fair amount of balls.

Last edited by AxeHappy; 03-29-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: I forgot a word and my sentence didn't make any sense...
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Maybe you should have put "try out some different pups". However I do agree that they aren't the worst pups around...I really dislike Rockfields...Some people probably love them but it's all a matter of opinion...
Yeah you know what I was going for... More or less try out a company who puts all their effort into producing different tones through pickups.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 4

I know everyone's being very elabrate with these explanations but honestly it is all a matter of what sound that you are looking for...To sum up Toneboy had the best reply...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode