Your 'Quirky' guitars - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Your 'Quirky' guitars

Has anyone ever made or bought an electric guitar that was different to the normal Jem/Universe design. If you have a unique guitar then please post pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM

Re: Your 'Quirky' guitars

Would a HxS pup configuration be considered unique like you are talking about or are you talking about completely different brands rather than modified "Jem-a-likes"?
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 10:41 AM

^ nice.
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

I'm talking about guitars such as the Flame guitar, the triple neck heart guitar etc but not necessarily vai related.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 PM

How bout this one? Who need tuning pegs?

post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM

Thats speed loader right? I have a bc rich with speedloader. The strings are like nine bucks a pack it sucks.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah it's a speedloader. Yeah it sucks that the strings cost 10 bucks a set and aren't the best but I got the guitar for $150 brand new which is less than the trem would cost so I can't complain. It's actually a very good playing guitar.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:25 PM

I have a floyd with speedloader that I got for $30. I will post pics when I get home the thing is beat the **** up.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:08 PM

My Gibson M3 ofcourse:

(yes I said Gibson)
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM

Thumbs up Re: Your 'Quirky' guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
My Gibson M3 ofcourse:

(yes I said Gibson)
wow. that's quite a rare bird. i've wanted one of those for quite some time, for no other reason than it's (essentially) a gibson superstrat.

locking trem, h-s-h pickups, and a gibson logo for god's sake. if i owned one, i'd park it next to my ibby's and tell people that the body was made from one solid piece of "sad irony".

as far as my own quirky guitars go, i have:
- a squire strat with no strings that i use to practice my yngwie j. malmsteen guitar-spinning tricks (that i've yet to successfully complete, thanks for asking)
- an old brazilian classical with 5 strings and no bridge saddle
- a matching set (guitar and short scale bass) of Des Lauriers plywood-body beauties
- a Memphis strat clone that i bought for 3 bucks
AND
- a bizarro funky 60's weirdo guitar with a pickguard full of switches that do absolutely nothing. it looks eerily similar to a lot of what Ibanez was doing in the 60's, so if it turns out that it is an Ibanez i might restore it to it's former glories and then let it at least look decent while it collects dust.

if anyone really wants pics of any of these over-achievers, i could scare up a camera before the day's out.
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:12 PM

Reviews: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT5150 View Post
Has anyone ever made or bought an electric guitar that was different to the normal Jem/Universe design. If you have a unique guitar then please post pictures.
Somehow, the term "quirky" doesn't really relate to the question. Most of the time, a quirky guitar is that guitar that sits there looking pretty and collects dust because it's got issues no matter what you do to it...

Jimmy
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
. . .

if anyone really wants pics of any of these over-achievers, i could scare up a camera before the day's out.
Well, don't kill yourself or anyhting, but those do sound interesting and I'd love to have a look at the weird 60's guitar!
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scali View Post
My Gibson M3 ofcourse:

(yes I said Gibson)
It's a rare guitar indeed but I can't understand why they decided to do that 2 piece body in a natural finish?
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 01:08 AM

Reviews: 6

Yeah my ET Guitars Custom

Can't get much Quirkier than that
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 AM

Reviews: 2

Here's one you don't see everyday.................................

By uberthrall

Chromed out Yamaha 1221MS Pacifica.

Scali,I love the MIII......I had one back in the day that I unfortunately had to get rid of. I wont be done gassing until I replace it.

Tags
art guitar , chorus pedal , christopher woods , despagni jem , dimarzio super distortion , electric guitar , neck pickup , neck position , piezo bridge , playing guitar , squire strat , super distortion , triple neck , triple neck heart guitar , tuning pegs , uli jon roth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode