Zachary Guitars - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 07:06 PM

Re: Zachary Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
By my count he has built 134 guitars. I estimate his total guitar related sales revenue thus far to be just under $250,000. So it seems plausible that he truly does this just as an act of defiance against the industry. Which in itself seems commendable although the arrogance betrays his intentions by putting off so many people who could benifit from wisdom he so wants to teach us.

If you ignore the negativity you can relate to his stories. There are some of us on this board that can remember when times were different and can relate. For example I got a kick out of this story: http://www.zacharyguitars.com/150109pics.htm He even has a picture of himself at the bottom proving it's true. I agree the marketing is genius in a way, sort of an anti maketing idea... some of you anti trendy kids should be eating this stuff up!!!

Wow that story you linked to was awful. He comes off as a racist. What is with his hatred of Italians and liberals. He could crap gold and I would still not take his sh!t. He definitely does not need to worry about me buying anything of his...ever. Crazy.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM

I think he pretty much hates everyone equally. I know some of you guys are to young to remember how bad guitars stores were before GC.

Last edited by Dino; 01-26-2009 at 07:58 PM.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I think he pretty much hates everyone equally. I know some of you guys are to young to remember how bad guitars stores were before GC.
The question is, does he make the BEST guitars.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAlone View Post
The question is, does he make the BEST guitars.
I think I have an answer... lol
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM

I like how he makes guitars from all kinds of strange wood. If a guitar is well built, the wood shouldn't make much of a difference (you just pick pickups that get the sound you want). But large companies could never do this, because every guitar would sound different with the stock pups (more so than they do even now).
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
This wood was actually used as a stair step in its previous life.
Lol...
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Well, I all got to say about this is, proof is in the pudding. I'm sure they are good guitars but if they were so amazing as he says he would have won by now, like the Ghandi quote he uses on his front page. But he hasn't, not many play his guitars, respect him or consider the things he claims as valid, viable or worth listening to.

This is the best way to go through life as a complete joke in my opinion.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM

yeah, when it gets to the point where you turn on your own supporters at random you have to wonder what the motivation really is. It's seems as though when too many people start to like him he spits in thier faces and goes on a tyraid just so he can remain an underdog. It's where he is comfortable and what keeps him motivated to build those great guitars. Without people hating on him he would be lost. I guess it's not any worse than being motivated by greed like the rest of us, just less acceptable.

Last edited by Dino; 01-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 PM

I found the countless of mails from random people that sit totally unstructured in the guitar pages quite sadding, in a way - you are right about the underdog thing, Dino, it sucks :P
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 AM

My sympathies, Dino. You've been a staunch supporter of this guy and taken more than a modicum of flak in these forums as a result, but you're being villified for buying another guitar? If I had a dog that behaved like that I'd have it put down.

My last comment on Zachary guitars? Very organic looking.

So's the stuff I flush on a daily basis.
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Alex is a major a-hole, simple ass that. He hates other builders because they are his competition. I'm guessing he's priming himself as the king of a-holes, once Roman's fat ass kicks the bucket. Screw Alex.
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Roman?
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeAlone View Post
Roman?
Go do a search for Ed Roman. We shall not speak further of it here.
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM

wow so he copies an sg then when you buy an ibanez he gets mad like he is sooooo fing origional, what a tool.

Tags
zachary guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode